Gen3 RX 2.5 - Rims/Brakes/Suspension

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Gen3 RX 2.5 - Rims/Brakes/Suspension

Postby WheelieBin » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Hey guys,

So, met up with Karl today to give my Lib a once over and determine what needs to be done to it mechanically to get it cleaned up. Given that I'll be spending a reasonable amount on that, and the Gen4 GT is still a bit unachievable at the moment (mainly due to day to day running cost sky rocketing because of insurance) he posed the question... If I'm keeping it long term - what mods?

My first "mod" will be getting the paintwork tidied up - I've got quotes, just need to do something about it! Then I need to get the double-din head unit I have sitting on the kitchen table (thanks Mum and Dad, it's only been how long since Christmas now? I really should get that done!) installed, and find a reversing camera (Tonkins quoted $600 for providing camera and install of head unit + camera - seems a bit steep?)

My main priorities after that would be new rims (I have the standard RX ones at the moment - I haven't photoshopped anything together yet, but I'm thinking gunmetal would look good against the Gen3 red/marone?), suspension and brakes. Only being an NA there's no need to go overboard with the brakes, and my main priority with the suspension will be firming it up through the corners a bit.

The caveat with both suspension and rims is I've just spent ~ $1000 on tyres very recently, so I'd prefer to stick with something that will work with the stock tyre profile, maybe with the option of lower profile tyres and lowering it a bit later? That said, it's probably just better to hold off on rims until these tyres die, but that's hopefully a fair way off!

Any thoughts?
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
WheelieBin

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507

Re: Gen3 RX 2.5 - Rims/Brakes/Suspension

Postby hamish_023 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:24 pm

Gen 4 standard non spec b wheels are cheap and look awesome in gunmetal on a gen3 (See Tom's B4 from the cruise).

Get some michellin pilot sport 3 tyres or dunlop SP Sport maxx's as my recommendation, or do a search for more options

Gen4 Gt front brakes would be more then enough, budgey around $450installed for them.
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Return to Bling me up