Ecutek tune for my08 gt spec b

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Re: Ecutek tune for my08 gt spec b

Postby Rome_BRZ » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:11 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:
GTB Liberty wrote:Scary has just had an ECUtek done on his MY08 with various add ons including throttle blipping on upshift and launch control on S# mode. Lower horsepower on S etc. Flat foot shift wasn't included as the tuner advised against it. Since Steve passed away at MMS they have to fly in a tuner to do the tuning now.

Mine was tuned by ASG using Verso. Quite happy with the results.

How do other tunes go about the SI drive? Do they just tune the S# map or make the whole system redundant? I really like the fact that EcuTek can use the SI drive to run more boost on S# and lower boost on the other modes.

The tuner will do what you ask. Ecutek are not the only people who run different settings for each mode in SI drive.
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby bass_straitener » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:18 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:
How do other tunes go about the SI drive? Do they just tune the S# map or make the whole system redundant? I really like the fact that EcuTek can use the SI drive to run more boost on S# and lower boost on the other modes.

Any tuner can configure your SI drive to be mapped with different boost limits and DBW response for each mode. This isn't just an ECUTek feature
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby 3rspecb » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:28 pm

:shock: Bruce & Jerome working in harmony

something not right :?
MY06 3rspecb manual sedan, Urban Grey- Shockworks Coilovers '- Gone

MY17 SSv Redline, manual sedan, White.
3rspecb

Car: MY17 SSv Redline

Postby bosc0 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:32 pm

Love is in the air...
bosc0

Car: GT SpecB wagon

Postby Rome_BRZ » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby t.renshaw34 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:00 pm

ECUTEK 1 and 2 are Maps that get loaded on to you'r ecu. So nothing special there at all.

But ECUTEK 3 and 4 are custom tunes with all the little launch control, flat foot shifting features etc.

I was originaly ECUTEK 3. Then when I went n saw phat I had a custom tune by his tuner.

I'm now going back to ECUTEK as im going FMIC 100 octane and 19psi but going ECUTEK 4.
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404

Postby bass_straitener » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:09 pm

t.renshaw34 wrote:
I was originaly ECUTEK 3. Then when I went n saw phat I had a custom tune by his tuner.

As a person who's had both an ECUTek tune and an opensource custom tune can you compare/advise of any differences you found between tunes.

Do you have a preference?
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby t.renshaw34 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Both tuners, Sean from SnJ (ECUTEK) and Scott (custom tunes for phat) are some of the best Tuners in Australia so I was more than happy with the tunes, both tuners had the car on and off the dyno for hours n hours to make sure everything is perfect.

Comes down to who the person is tuning the car, how long have they been tuning for, are their customers happy with the results. Have they had any problems with that tuners tune. All these types of questions are good ones to ask.

I'm going back to Sean and his ECUTEK tuning as he is only 15 minutes from my house, he knows my car really well, if there is ever any issues with something he normally sorts them out for free and he is trusted by 100's if not 1000's of Subaru Owner across Australia.
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Postby 3rspecb » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:11 pm

Your in good hands with Sean. Have driven a few cars he has tuned & built and they all went pretty hard.
MY06 3rspecb manual sedan, Urban Grey- Shockworks Coilovers '- Gone

MY17 SSv Redline, manual sedan, White.
3rspecb

Car: MY17 SSv Redline

Postby t.renshaw34 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:50 am

Thanks mate. :). Yea my old man had Sean look after his 22b years ago then his bug eye. First thing I did when I got my gt was put a dump, TMIC and CAI on and went and gave it to Sean. Great guy who truely loves what he does.
t.renshaw34

Previous

Return to Bling me up