spec.B white LED DRL's

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Re: spec.B white LED DRL's

Postby mynameisdaniel » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:28 pm

hamish_023 wrote:Post face lift fog lights suck. Hids in a non projector light is shit.

I like this DRL mod. It suits (which is very rare)

You should drive a Mazda SP20, the fog lights are huge and yet from the drivers seat you wouldn't be able to tell if they were on or off if the dash didn't tell you! :(

Yeah it doesn't look out of place at all
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

spec.B white LED DRL's

Postby HoFF » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:26 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:
mynameisdaniel wrote:Does anyone here drive around with their fog lights on? I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has actually been fined for it. Ours are quite small compared to the big fog lights on WRXs, EVOs, Falcons etc....

I know Brian (Brainy) drives with his foglights on 24/7 and he says he hasn't been pulled up for it, which is surprising considering he has 6000k HID's in there.

I do this also. Never had an issue. Touch wood
HoFF
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT MY09 Foz
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13577&start=255

spec.B white LED DRL's

Postby brainy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:34 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:
zch91 wrote:
mynameisdaniel wrote:Does anyone here drive around with their fog lights on? I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has actually been fined for it. Ours are quite small compared to the big fog lights on WRXs, EVOs, Falcons etc....

In the US I don't think they have the parker lights that we have. Essentially we could just consider those DRLs? Mine are on all the time so they turn on and off with the car anyway ;)

They don't have parkers on the front the same as us, their parkers what our indicators are from memory.. Parkers generally don't have the intensity of other DRLS to function well to be honest..

Yeah good point, headlights are more than bright enough if you're worried about visibility though :)

chaotic2050 wrote:

I know Brian (Brainy) drives with his foglights on 24/7 and he says he hasn't been pulled up for it, which is surprising considering he has 6000k HID's in there.

Haha good on him! I drive around with mine on most the time, but if I'm on a main road where there's likely to be a RBT or something I switch them off, just in case :P

Hehe, it felt weird having to flick the switch back on after kieran drove my car. :-)
I saw Dutch the other morning leaving in E.H but I don't think he noticed me.

As for my fogs and 24/7 -
1. They are 8000k
2. I don't use them 24/7 but whenever the parkers or headlights are on, so are the fogs. It helps with visibility and not once have I been high beamed by oncoming traffic. I've tested the oncoming traffic thing and from what we could tell it didn't dazzle the driver. If someone ever flashed me then I would definitely oblige and turn them off.

To be honest, I don't even think about them being on and no comments have been made going through booze buses even.

Next time you are out driving during the time lights are required, check out the Cop cars than have foggies and see if they run with them on. ;-)

I will say this, I had been pulled up once many years ago but that was because I had yellow fogs on. No fine, but I did have to provide proof that they were wired to a switch.
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
brainy

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B

Postby champ » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:51 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:
chaotic2050 wrote:

Haha good on him! I drive around with mine on most the time, but if I'm on a main road where there's likely to be a RBT or something I switch them off, just in case :P

I drive with mine on too. Just parkers and foggies for increased visibility (for other road users) during the day. Usually, I'll forget to switch the foggies off at night when I switch on the low beam :oops:. Have driven past heaps of cops (day & night) with no issue... except that one time when I was stopped at the RBT - the cop kindly reminded me that I forgot to turn the foggies off. Having a stock car helps alot with their perception of what to do next :lol:
champ
-stickered-

Car: MY07 GT Spec.B Tuned by STi 6MT OBP

Postby essbeecee » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:35 pm

Many cops do run around with foggies on and they're HWP too so they *should* know about the law :P Other GD cop cars are all base models and don't have foggies.
essbeecee

Car: With wheels

Postby Robbks » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:40 pm

onto my 4th Subaru in 9 years and never been questioned about the foggies being on. (every car has always had them on permanently)
I've been pulled over in every one of them for something else petty (towball, cut down numberplate, sneaky RH turn 2 minutes before the no RH turn period ended)

the cheap ass LED DRL's are MUCH more dazzling than my fogs.
and all my cars have been dark or silver which makes them hard to see even in daylight.
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
Robbks

Car: MY06 3.0RB Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12350

Postby savage » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:51 pm

I like the look of these,

Is it possible to put these on the car but also keep the park lights working as well,

How would i go about doing this
savage

Car: 2007 3.0R spec B Liberty

Postby Rosey » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:45 am

Fog lights are yellow, because yellow light passes through fog whereas white light gets caught and scatters. You won't be fined for using driving lights, which come standard with most models.

Definitely not a fan of DRL's, but if you like the look of them, that's all that matters.
Rosey

Car: 2004 Subaru Liberty

Postby Hobber » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:22 am

Rosey wrote:Fog lights are yellow, because yellow light passes through fog whereas white light gets caught and scatters. You won't be fined for using driving lights, which come standard with most models.

Definitely not a fan of DRL's, but if you like the look of them, that's all that matters.

FYI, this is quite wrong and has been covered in depth before.

* The 'yellow light' for fog is a bit of a myth - any improvement from reduced glare is usually offset by loss of lunmens - net gain is debatable (http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/p ... y99xx4.htm)
* They are called Fog Lights on your car, and will be subject to the rules pertaining to fog lights, no matter what you might want to believe or argue. :)

see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9376 for simple definition of Headlights, DRLs, Driving lights and Fog Lights.
Hobber

Car: MY10 GT Premium

Postby Rome_BRZ » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:15 am

Hobber wrote:
Rosey wrote:Fog lights are yellow, because yellow light passes through fog whereas white light gets caught and scatters. You won't be fined for using driving lights, which come standard with most models.

FYI, this is quite wrong and has been covered in depth before.

* The 'yellow light' for fog is a bit of a myth - any improvement from reduced glare is usually offset by loss of lunmens - net gain is debatable (http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/p ... y99xx4.htm)
* They are called Fog Lights on your car, and will be subject to the rules pertaining to fog lights, no matter what you might want to believe or argue. :)

see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9376 for simple definition of Headlights, DRLs, Driving lights and Fog Lights.

Such a diplomatic and informed answer! I approve! 8)

I always drive with my fogs on whenever my headlights are on, and have never been highbeamed (not that I can remember) and touch wood haven't been pulled over for it, but when I was pulled over by an RBT and he was telling me my standard STI rims where too big for my car and my rear privacy glass was darker than legal, he also pointed out that if my fogs weren't on I wouldn't have as much trouble with police :roll:

Don't ask ...
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby Rosey » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:32 am

Hobber wrote:FYI, this is quite wrong and has been covered in depth before.

We seem to have a different definition of "in depth". Reading through that thread, its contradiction city. They can and will be called either, and for the most part you're fine driving with them on during normal conditions. Its when you have say an SUV, or something lifted where the light WILL affect oncoming cars and get you into trouble. I know many people with Subaru's who drive with their driving lights on whenever parkers/low beam are on, and the police never look twice. In the end, it is at the discretion of the officer who see's and pulls you over as to what is what, and if its illegal. (until argued in court if you choose)
Rosey

Car: 2004 Subaru Liberty

Postby Hobber » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:09 pm

The can and will be called 'fairy-ass twinkles', but they are Fog Lights - you may not like it, you may not agree with it, but the manufacturer calls them that, the police call them that, and the RTA and Vic Roads call them that, and their opinion is the only one that matters. If you happen to find one exception it is more likely they made a mistake or are wrong, rather than the authority being wrong.

Here:

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Saf ... Lights.htm

And some actual laws from the RTA ...

http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/fragv ... -div.1+0+N

Just accept it and move on.

( <-- Note Fog lights being used appropriately.)
Hobber

Car: MY10 GT Premium

Postby Kekotic » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:11 pm

JERRY JERRY JERRY.

P.S Hobber is right
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby MH3.0R » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Well, I wonder how a magistrate might interpret a defence of more lights = better safety on our roads? Was there a road safety campaign along the lines of "Be seen, be safe"? Is this law clearly pointed out to Learner drivers and included in the driving license testing?

And why has there been no apparent prosecution in any state (that we are aware of) for the illegal behavior of driving with fog lights on in good weather?

Now I am not saying anything contrary to the good laws of our land, just wondering why no one has heard of a prosecution. Maybe we all just pay our on the spot fines and don't bother arguing!

When I picked up my Lib in 2004 from Subaru, then salesman said he had to pass a message to all customers from Vic Police, that driving in good weather with the fog lights is illegal, so best not to get in the habit. So, these days, I only use them when at the rear of a convoy (cruises) or in rain and fog. Not ever been pulled up or questioned.
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MY11 Jaguar XFS 3.0DTT 6AT White Saloon (Prepped for sale)
MY19 Subaru XV 2.0iS the shopping trolley and weekend all terrain cruiser!
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12969#p176433

Postby Lib 3.0LR » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:38 pm

This is what I think of that law :wink:
Attachments
Funny_Wallpaper_3D_Middle_Finger.jpg
Funny_Wallpaper_3D_Middle_Finger.jpg (48.34 KiB) Viewed 3346 times
Silver wagon MY06 3.0LR/18' STI Enkei rims/STI front lip/STI pedels/STI mufflers/STI flexible bar/HKS panel air filter/Clarion CeNET iPod interface EA1251 /HID lights-fogs 6000k/Led parkers/Bilstien- Eibach springs / Corazon Grill /Brembo's-Dixel pads/goodride-brakelines./Cusco: BRAKE CYLINDER STOPPER /.Valenti Japan LED Tail Light/In Car PC,JDM Front Bar /KiDo Tune more TBA ?[size=85]
Lib 3.0LR

Car: MY06 LIBERTY 3.0LR WAGON.

PreviousNext

Return to Bling me up