Where did you mount your boost guage?

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Re: Where did you mount your boost guage?

Postby Rome_BRZ » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:14 pm

fr250t wrote:
[ITS-STI] wrote:Hahahahaha! Love this kid!

Nah, we're not taking the piss... I'm just saying you have a nice car... Treat it to some good parts... Even if you can't afford it now save up until you can and buy a good one... That's why my car has taken 5 years to build lol!

lol naa man understand completely ! i'v never been one to do things half assed, but thought as i only have a tune with no major mods that any gauge would do the job, the worst this can do is stop giving a correct reading yer? and by then if somthing is wrong with the boost i would feel it with or without the gauge. Will shop around though ;)

The gauge you linked seems fine enough to do the job don't listen to Nick. Given you don't have many mods it would be a waste of money to fit and install something like Defi (which I have) as two gauges and the control unit would be at least a few hundred dollars. That money is better saved towards handling or performance mods for you ;)
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby fr250t » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:18 pm

Rome_STI wrote:
fr250t wrote:
[ITS-STI] wrote:Hahahahaha! Love this kid!

Nah, we're not taking the piss... I'm just saying you have a nice car... Treat it to some good parts... Even if you can't afford it now save up until you can and buy a good one... That's why my car has taken 5 years to build lol!

lol naa man understand completely ! i'v never been one to do things half assed, but thought as i only have a tune with no major mods that any gauge would do the job, the worst this can do is stop giving a correct reading yer? and by then if somthing is wrong with the boost i would feel it with or without the gauge. Will shop around though ;)

The gauge you linked seems fine enough to do the job don't listen to Nick. Given you don't have many mods it would be a waste of money to fit and install something like Defi (which I have) as two gauges and the control unit would be at least a few hundred dollars. That money is better saved towards handling or performance mods for you ;)

My initial thoughts Rome ;)
Thanks for your input boys ! and the laughs ! lol
fr250t

Car: MY07 GT Spec.B 6 Speed

Postby [ITS-STI] » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:01 pm

No dramas mate... Just stirring the pot... Plus i thought i would give my mate a chance to use his meme app :stinker:
Mahtava: "I have just redefined low ball offers..." chaotic2050: "You can't redefine [ITS-STI]..."
[ITS-STI]

Car: Liberty GT Spec B. Tuned By STi

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:08 pm

So... my AEM is being RMA'd... :oops:
But I just scored an Innovate LC-1... :twisted:

Gotta get a GTBoost Gauge!!! Anyone selling? :P

If the AEM is all good I might try it again, sell the LC-1, or vice versa...
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Previous

Return to Bling me up