My 2.5i Lib

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

My 2.5i Lib

Postby LiamVJ » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi all had my lib for about a month now and im loving it to bits. Done a few minor things like hid headlights, parkers and foggies but with the help of Taylor (t.renshaw34) ive come up with a pretty nice (and expensive) list of my plans. any feedback, good or constructive, welcome.

Exterior/Interior:

35% tint and smoked tail lights
Hid headlights, parkers and foglights (complete)
Led footwells (complete)
Ultrex front lip and rear diffuser
TCP quad mufflers
Custom mesh grille (complete)
Pioneer 3-way speakers, Kicker sub and amp
ROTA Gravel 18s on Potenza rubber
Black slim plates

Performance:
Phat EditionTien S Tech springs
Billstein Struts
Swaybars
X force centre and y pipe
K&N panel filter

Let me know what you think :)
LiamVJ
-stickered-

Car: Liberty Gen4 Premium 2.5i

Re: My 2.5i Lib

Postby Kekotic » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:56 pm

Mod list looks good.

I would go some BC BR coilovers instead of billies/S-techs.
It's only going to work out as about $300 extra and then you have adjustable stiffness and ride height.

Only do the rear swaybar, use the money you would have for the front on a Cusco Heavy duty rear swaybar mount and cusco endlinks.
You are risking snapping your stock mounts if you don't get the HD mount, don't think it can't happen either because it happened to Hamish_023.

As for the centre pipe, being an NA it might not be worth the money really. Give mufflers a go first, if you want more sound go the centre aswell but on an NA, it can be a bit of a waste really as you won't gain performance wise and might even lose some power instead.

It's worth mentioning that the Ultrex front lips can be pretty easy to crack, so if you are lowering your car it might be better to go an STi front lip instead as they are far more durable and very hard to crack. Would only be an extra $200 or so. Depends on how much you drive and your driveway etc, but I would(did) spend the extra and get the STi lip instead.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby Ren-dog » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:57 pm

Sweet car and nice list of mods.

However, your not going to get performance out of the N/A engine, I have been reading up on it for the past three weeks, its not a commodore engine and an exhaust at most will add 1-5kw and in some cases decrease performance. Just get a muffler/cannon whatever.

Sorry for the negative but just trying to save you money.
Ren-dog

Car: Gen2 98 Liberty RX

Postby LiamVJ » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:00 pm

replying to both kieran and samuel...

i have other longterm plans for my car that i am seeding for now, hence the exhaust set up

i totally understand what you mean about power being hard to come by in an na car though so im mostly going for looks now
LiamVJ
-stickered-

Car: Liberty Gen4 Premium 2.5i

Return to Bling me up