Bling up my Liberty???

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Bling up my Liberty???

Postby Belle » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:05 pm

I have a pretty much untouched MY07 Premium/Luxury Liberty that my OH has told me I can do a FEW small things to it as long as it still looks nice.

Any ideas? This is Belle :

Belle

Car: MY07 2.5i Premium Luxury Liberty

Re: Bling up my Liberty???

Postby Kekotic » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Change front grille, LED interior lights and parkers, HID high beam.
All up that would be about $500. Simple mods that make the car much more refined.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby Sprinter » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:34 am

Where can you buy new front Grills from??
Sprinter

Car: 2006 Subaru Liberty Spec B

Postby JKeep2.5i » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:39 am

Second hand off members on here if your lucky, or the main man phat gt :mrgreen:
MY04 Liberty 2.5i wagon 5MT[Team White]P plates
surfsnowsubarus
JKeep2.5i
-stickered-

Car: MY04 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14989

Postby mihai » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:08 pm

First thing I'd be doing is moving that P-plate to the passenger side.

Then I'd go HID low beams, LED parkers + number plate lights, LED interior lights and depending on if you want functionality or colour match and cost either HID fogs or LED fogs. Personally wouldn't bother with HID high beams unless you use your high beams alot and find that the stocks don't light up enough.
[New: MY11 FPV F6 | Winter White | Pioneer DEX-P99RS | Alpine PDX-F6 | Alpine PDX-M12 | JL Audio 12W7-AE ]
[Old: MY07 2.0R | Urban Grey | 5 MT | 6000k HID | LED | Alpine IVA-W502E | Alpine PDX1.1000 | Alpine PDX4.150 | JL Audio 12W7v3 | Focal KRX2 ]
mihai

Car: MY07 Liberty 2.0R + MY11 FPV F6

Postby JKeep2.5i » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:30 pm

mihai wrote:First thing I'd be doing is moving that P-plate to the passenger side.

Then I'd go HID low beams, LED parkers + number plate lights, LED interior lights and depending on if you want functionality or colour match and cost either HID fogs or LED fogs. Personally wouldn't bother with HID high beams unless you use your high beams alot and find that the stocks don't light up enough.

or go phillips diamond vision for high beams, what I'm looking at doing in the next couple of weeks :)
surfsnowsubarus
JKeep2.5i
-stickered-

Postby Belle » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:13 am

P plate is on my side cause t falls down 47294 times a day and if it's on my side I can put it back up without pulling over/waiting for a light. It doesn't get in the way cause I'm a short ass.

Thanks for the ideas guys, gives me some things to think about and talk to the OH about. Altho I doubt anything will be happening right now, there's lots of other things due at the moment
Belle

Postby JKeep2.5i » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:45 am

Belle wrote:P plate is on my side cause t falls down 47294 times a day and if it's on my side I can put it back up without pulling over/waiting for a light. It doesn't get in the way cause I'm a short ass.

Thanks for the ideas guys, gives me some things to think about and talk to the OH about. Altho I doubt anything will be happening right now, there's lots of other things due at the moment

being a first year apprentice nothing happens right now for me :P
surfsnowsubarus
JKeep2.5i
-stickered-

Postby Devour » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:46 pm

Your car reminds me of mine when it was stock haha. Ive also seen a car with a very similar numberplate to yours on the Glen Waverley line except my car colour.

+1 to what Kieran and Michael have mentioned above, if modifying on a budget, simply lights perhaps a grille change also. A lot of other changes would require more funds and might drasitcally change the car a bit too much for your liking however pending what you want to achieve with the car its all up to you.

I myself am a green p plater still like yourself, i find it annoying on my drivers side especially up high. I placed mine on the front left near the rego sticker and let the suction cup hold the top and the bottom bit flap down but use the dash to keep it down and flat if that makes any sense. Still visible, out of sight but also out of mind. Never had any issues with it or police not being able to see the green P. Makes it a look a bit neater, whilst still being legal.

Hope this helps.
Devour

Car: R34 GTR V-Spec / MY07 2.5i

Postby Belle » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:34 pm

Well I had a play with my p plates today, ended up with it right up in the right hand corner, still on my side but tucked in the corner and actually straight. Looks better.
My car didn't actually come from glen Waverly, our new outback did but OH didn't want the covers and I did t want Knox ford ones.
I'd love to get slim line plates, maybe I'll con the family into string. Them for me for Christmas, it'll look much better. We're gonna instal some led lights, the line that runs along the bottom rim? OH calls them day time running lights? Just gotta figure out how to wire them in. Also gonna fix up some gauges and scrapes and that should have it looking much nicer. I really want the bonnet with the scoop on it, I think it looks much nicer but since I can't drive a turbo and we're not putting a turbo on it it's a bit stupid and a waste of money to get a bonnet with a scoop for no reason.
Belle

Return to Bling me up