WTA: Sound of stock MY07 GT-B BOV close to the sound of ???

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Postby julzzychan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:38 am

Dear all,

Few questions in mind.

1. what is the brand of the stock BOV for MY07 GT-B?

2. to get a little bit intense and louder brand of BOV, which brand is close to the sound of the stock if i were to change it?

3. impossible to adjust the any thing on the stock BOV...i.e. sound louder etc.

4. how much?

many thanks,

Julz
Cheers,

Julz

Current - -> MY07 Liberty TBSTI Sedan Black #139/300 - Charcoal Rims, Phat Dump/ Mid pipe, K&N Filter

AWD - SOLD -> MY07 Liberty Obsidian Black[/b] BL5 EJ255 6SP Manual - STI'ed
| 6000K HID | LED I/O | STi Front/Rear Lip Spoilers | STI Braided Brake Lines | Silver 18" x 7.5 Enkei | Phat Dump Pipe | Centre - S/S Flex with 3" Resonator joint with 2.5" S/S Y split to M/S Hurricane Quad Mufflers | Blackened Grill | CF Stanza Eye Lid | Factory Sat-Nav | Resonator Delete | 50% Smoked Taillight | K2 Roof Finisher | Zero Side Strake Pair | DAMD Rear Extension pair | Cobb SF Intake Black | Grimspeed 3-port BCS | AVO Turbo Inlet + 265lph Fuel Pump | KidoTuned 189kW ATW |

1WR - SOLD -> MY06 Honda Black/Grey CBR600RR | Jardine RT-One Slip-On Pipe | ASV Lever | Diable Rosso II | Braided Brake Lines | Quick Shifter | PCIII
julzzychan
-stickered-

Car: 07 Liberty TBSTI #139/300

Re: WTA: Sound of stock MY07 GT-B BOV close to the sound of

Postby wally09 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:42 pm

pretty sure its just a subaru BOV, no special brand.

do you have any kind of aftermarket intake? removed the resonator?

you will find the stock bov is pretty loud, its just muffled by the air box.

i have a Perrin BOV,TMIC, turbo inpipe and Hyperflow CAI.......... the BOV sound and turbo whistle issss ahh quite fun :lol:

afaik the stock bov has no adjustments from my quick inspection, just the single vacume hose running off it.
HEAR IT.....FEAR IT
SEE IT.....FLEE IT
wally09

Car: MY07 Liberty GT STi

Postby julzzychan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:31 pm

wally09 wrote:pretty sure its just a subaru BOV, no special brand.

do you have any kind of aftermarket intake? removed the resonator?

you will find the stock bov is pretty loud, its just muffled by the air box.

i have a Perrin BOV,TMIC, turbo inpipe and Hyperflow CAI.......... the BOV sound and turbo whistle issss ahh quite fun :lol:

afaik the stock bov has no adjustments from my quick inspection, just the single vacume hose running off it.

I see i see...thanks for you advice man. I am just wondering if i could mod the stock one or change something similar to that sound.

melbourne is very strict in BOV and not legal unless you come with the car STOCK...hence i have a good back up reason if i change to a branded BOV i just, 'say no this is just a stock BOV comes with the car' :P

p.s do you mind record the sound? and see if i like it or not :P thanks mate!!!
Cheers,

Julz

Current - -> MY07 Liberty TBSTI Sedan Black #139/300 - Charcoal Rims, Phat Dump/ Mid pipe, K&N Filter

| 6000K HID | LED I/O | STi Front/Rear Lip Spoilers | STI Braided Brake Lines | Silver 18" x 7.5 Enkei | Phat Dump Pipe | Centre - S/S Flex with 3" Resonator joint with 2.5" S/S Y split to M/S Hurricane Quad Mufflers | Blackened Grill | CF Stanza Eye Lid | Factory Sat-Nav | Resonator Delete | 50% Smoked Taillight | K2 Roof Finisher | Zero Side Strake Pair | DAMD Rear Extension pair | Cobb SF Intake Black | Grimspeed 3-port BCS | AVO Turbo Inlet + 265lph Fuel Pump | KidoTuned 189kW ATW |

1WR - SOLD -> MY06 Honda Black/Grey CBR600RR | Jardine RT-One Slip-On Pipe | ASV Lever | Diable Rosso II | Braided Brake Lines | Quick Shifter | PCIII
julzzychan
-stickered-

Postby hamish_023 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:37 pm

Take the resonator off the air box and get a better flowing filter and see how you like it. No recording will be close to accurate compared to in person.
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby Rome_BRZ » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:41 pm

hamish_023 wrote:Take the resonator off the air box and get a better flowing filter and see how you like it. No recording will be close to accurate compared to in person.

+1
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby julzzychan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:03 pm

Thanks hamish/Jerome

will do it, i will pop over to Marks place when i got my dump and see what he can do as well :P
Cheers,

Julz

julzzychan
-stickered-

Postby wally09 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:21 pm

hamish_023 wrote: No recording will be close to accurate compared to in person.

yeah agreed, unless i strap a mic near the front right panel, it is ahh quite obvious that its there, to me "in" the car is sounds nice,

but outside im not sure, parents grab their children as i pass in fear that i will suck them up :twisted:

and every gear change generally attracts attention,,

illegal even if its recirculated? just tell them is a device to "release excess positive turbo pressure, designed to prolong the life of my turbo charger and engine components, the released pressure is piped back into my intake circuit and reused, therefor my air flow meter is still correct so the right fuel map is used and my car remains within emmision standards" then finish with a "its only there to protect my car from costly repairs down the track........are you saying its illegal to care for my engine????" they will either be stunned and confused...... or stick a yellow canary on your window for being a smart arse,

in my experience cops are no mechanics, i once got cautioned for leaking oil on my sump (old VS commodore :lol: ) funny thing was that i had just had the power steering pump changed 3000k ago and the so called oil leak was just goopy dust ridden shit stuck to the engine, left over from the pump change. no leak whatsoever.

on another note the bov is under the engine cover, its hidden anyway..
HEAR IT.....FEAR IT
SEE IT.....FLEE IT
wally09

Car: MY07 Liberty GT STi

Postby julzzychan » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:45 am

HAHAHAHA

you made my day Dave. lol ok..i shall do as you told.

no offense. some cops are dumb fa*ks...
Cheers,

Julz

julzzychan
-stickered-

Postby senator » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:20 pm

With the resonator removed and HKS panel filter I noticed the OE BOV was a lot louder than the Greddy RS when plumbed back.

There are aftermarket BOVs which appear to look exactly the same as the OE one, but have a metal body and firmer spring, Phat GT has shown me these in the past.
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby Rome_BRZ » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:00 pm

senator wrote:With the resonator removed and HKS panel filter I noticed the OE BOV was a lot louder than the Greddy RS when plumbed back.

There are aftermarket BOVs which appear to look exactly the same as the OE one, but have a metal body and firmer spring, Phat GT has shown me these in the past.

The RZ is definitely louder than stock :P
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby Jim » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:33 pm

Get yourself a Turbosmart Kompact Plumb-back. Sounds more like the stock one if not a little more wooshy. If your paranoid, they're black and you could probably scrub the "turbosmart" label off the top and say its stock. Straight bolt on.
Jim

Car: MY07 GT-B

Postby Gambit » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:47 pm

I am running the kompact bov and it's re circ but sounds very similar to stock bov but much louder.
Last edited by Gambit on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gambit

Car: Subaru

Postby julzzychan » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:23 pm

Ah thanks guys,

straight bolt on is awesome haha...will check that out and change it and see whats like.
Cheers,

Julz

julzzychan
-stickered-

Postby Gambit » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:07 pm

Guys there is a bolt on turbosmart kompact bov that sells for $99! Bargain!
Gambit

Car: Subaru

Postby Kekotic » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Is there any performance gain to be had by changing the stock BOV when running a pretty mild setup of just intake, exhaust, aftermarket TMIC and tune? Or is it only for the noise. I personally hate the noise, but if there are gains to be had by changing to an aftermarket plumb back type I would like to know.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Next

Return to Bling me up