Subaru Sti Performance Gauge Pack

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Subaru Sti Performance Gauge Pack

Postby KB428 » Tue May 10, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi - have moved this discussion from the Introductions section.

Some advice please on the Subaru Sti Turbo Gauge Pack that's available for 2005MY onwards - H0010AG000

ie this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sRzhiIt-bg

Sits in the sunnies box / sat nav compartment.

I've always liked having a boost gauge in my turbo cars - good for trouble shooting.

I spoke to my 2 local Subaru dealers about this one.

Phillip Subaru were unable to track down the part. They limited their enquiries to Subaru Australia and some contacts in Subaru dealers Sydney.
Fyshwick Subaru spoke to their Japanese and American counterparts via email and confirmed that:
1. The Subaru Japan said that it was not 'compatible' with the 2.5T electrics
2. Subaru USA use this for the American sti Legacy market, left hand drive (might explain the higher cost buying from Japan)
Fyshwick Subaru speculated that it was most likely designed for the older 2litre turbo GT.
They were not willing to supply the part to me on the basis that they would then be obliged to provide support for the product in the event of a problem. However they'd consider fitting it as they were interested in seeing it in operation.
PDF of the install is attached below.

Now - Subaru Fyshwick said that there is enough of a difference between the Gen IV 2litre and Gen IV 2.5litre electrics to warrant caution. I was surprised since afterall we're just using the same install area and connecting generic sensors to 3 very commonly tapped sources? No different than the huge choice of aftermarket gauges on the market for our cars such as Pivot, Rigid, SPI, Zero Sports, GReddy, HKS, Blitz, Apexi, Omori, Sard etc etc
Attachments
Gauge%20Pack%20Install.pdf
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 473 times
KB428

Car: 2007 GT Sti #83, 1969 428cj Mustang

Re: Subaru Sti Performance Gauge Pack

Postby Ben » Tue May 10, 2011 8:58 pm

How much did they quote for this? Just the gauges, not install.
Visit Sex Shop & Support My Mods.
Ben

Car: 2.0 STi

Postby tangcla » Tue May 10, 2011 8:58 pm

Why not get the boost gauge I have? Keeps your cubby holder :)

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10598
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
tangcla

Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Postby tangcla » Tue May 10, 2011 9:00 pm

P.S. The only difference I can think of between the 2.0 and 2.5 is that the cubby on the 2.0 has a light globe in it, whereas the 2.5 doesn't. Might mean you need to run the power/ground from another source.
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
tangcla

Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Postby Gambit » Tue May 10, 2011 9:07 pm

Gotta say that looks pretty cool..
I like it..
Gambit

Car: Subaru

Postby teK-- » Tue May 10, 2011 9:09 pm

Don't see any reason why it wouldn't fit. The only electrics it interfaces with is the audio connector, which if it's different between 2.0/2.5 (unlikely), then just cut the connector off the gauges harness and splice them into the trip computer harness.

That is how I have connected my cubby hole gauges; there is ignition power, dimmer, and ground wires in the trip computer harness which is easily tapped into.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby KB428 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:06 am

Tek - agreed, thanks for the clarification.
Tangcla - you're right, hadn't noticed that - jumped in my in-laws 2.0L GT and yeah, looks like they deleted the cool red light when they went to the 2.5L GT.
Gambit - agreed, it's not easy to get gauges supplied / fitted so as to look factory
Ben - Subie Aus were talking $1800 (!) Phat GT has quoted well under that.
KB428

Car: 2007 GT Sti #83, 1969 428cj Mustang

Postby PHAT GT » Sun May 15, 2011 6:52 pm

teK-- wrote:Don't see any reason why it wouldn't fit. The only electrics it interfaces with is the audio connector, which if it's different between 2.0/2.5 (unlikely), then just cut the connector off the gauges harness and splice them into the trip computer harness..

sorry i fail to see how the audio connector has any relevance to fitting the STI tripple meter

i have fitted several of these to both the 2.0 and 2.5 and there is interfacing or cutting and splicing wires and no wires or pluges are used on the clock/temp/trip meter display

you could just put 2 white 60mm Defi BF guages in the cubby which would match you factory cluster, and you could close the cubby when not in use so out of sight of prying eyes
Last edited by PHAT GT on Sun May 15, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS , THEY JUST DO THINGS DIFFERENT
PHAT GT

Postby teK-- » Sun May 15, 2011 6:55 pm

PHAT GT wrote:
teK-- wrote:Don't see any reason why it wouldn't fit. The only electrics it interfaces with is the audio connector, which if it's different between 2.0/2.5 (unlikely), then just cut the connector off the gauges harness and splice them into the trip computer harness..

sorry i fail to see how the audio connector has any relevance to fitting the STI tripple meter

i have fitted several of these to both the 2.0 and 2.5 and there is interfacing or cutting and splicing wires and no wires or pluges are used on the clock/temp/trip meter display

Just reading the instructions the OP posted, and it refers to installing a piggypack harness into the back of the stereo (presumably to take power and dimmer, ground, to the gauges).

Hence I say if (unlikely) 2.0/2.5 changed audio connectors, he could splice into trip meter instead for those same wires.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby slackboy72 » Tue May 24, 2011 2:09 pm

PHATGT,
PM sent.

I'd like to know if these things work cause it really trips the cool factor.
slackboy72

Car: Liberty GT MY08 Spec.B

Return to Bling me up