Bluetooth OBD tool

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Bluetooth OBD tool

Postby Snapfour » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Snapfour

Car: 2010 GT Liberty Wagon

Re: Bluetooth OBD tool

Postby rrussh » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:35 am

Not sure about that particular model, but there someone who had one on these forums.
Sorry not sure who, hopefully they'll see this post and give you further details.

FYI: Here is another brand i was looking at....
http://www.obdkey.com/
rrussh

Car: MY10 Liberty GT

Postby teK-- » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:44 am

You want one that supports SSM. I don't think that one does, neither do any of the cheap ones.

Check out the OBDKEY product they are around $130.00 shipped.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby brada » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:24 pm

I brought one a few weeks ago, but it got as far as the center console... they're suppose to support all three obd protocol variants so it should work. I'll plug it in in the couple of days and let u know.

Oh yeah, I havent looked very hard (at all) but wheres the obd port on the libertys?
brada

Car: my08 tb sti

Postby thisisadu » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:20 pm

I got one plugged into my MY07 GT and its working fine so it shouldn't make too much difference with a MY10 i think?

but the hardware ain't that great. its refresh rate is pretty slow compared to a cable.

but it does the job fine, such as clearing CEL's and fault codes and logging

and the OBD plug is under the dash on the right hand side behind the engine latch/lever
thisisadu

Car: MY07 Liberty GTB Sedan

Postby teK-- » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:21 pm

thisisadu wrote:but the hardware ain't that great. its refresh rate is pretty slow compared to a cable.

but it does the job fine, such as clearing CEL's and fault codes and logging

a

Yep OBD is much slower update rate and reads less parameters than an SSM capable reader.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby jp928 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:54 am

I got a garmin 1490 GPS recently as a gift, then found they do a bluetooth OBD-II sender (EcoRoute) as well....none available here in Oz, bought one from US for $90. It does the basic data, but not the full list as you might see in an EcuDatascan, which talks Suby prototcols. Looks like it just uses basic OBD-II default stream. I can get 5 gauges up, but can only get manifold pressure in Bar, not psi or in/Hg. It is easier to switch from GPS to gauges etc though.
jp 08 gtb 6mt wagon
jp928

Car: 08 gtb 6mt wagon

Return to Bling me up