STi steering wheel emblem

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

STi steering wheel emblem

Postby vinshonz » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:42 pm

Long story short, i want to add more STi bling to my car and wanting the Legacy S402 Steering wheel look

Changing to to a STi airbag inflator is too costly and takes alot of time

So im doing the shortcut way.. a domed sticker replacement

After buying multiple versions (beware alot of ebay ones look good in the web, but in real life you see printing lines or the colour is off, i had to do alot of refunds)
I finally bought one that looks very close to being the legit emblem.

Now finnally my question, How do take the old emblem off? i tried using a screw driver yanking it out but its held on very tight as if its more then just adhesive

ps: you can PM me if you want to know where i bought mine
2008 Liberty GT Tuned by STi 27 of 250 made
PnP VF52, AVO TBE into TCP-Ti Mufflers, AVO panel filter, Mishimoto TMIC, Turbosmart Kompact BOV, Kobe Silicone Intake + SFB, Kobe 340LPH pump,
Tuspeed 3Port, Exedy HD + lightened flywheel, some Whiteline bits & Corgiwerx bits, Zeitronix Flex Fuel Analyser Kit , e85/98 Flex fuel -Got it REX tuned

2007 WRX Tuned by STi 35 of 200 made
STi Spec C TMIC+ProcessWest splitter, AVO TBE, X3E Silicone Intake, APS CAI, TurboSmart Kompact, Walbro, GrimmSpeed 3 Port, DEFI gauges
TD05-18G 198.5kw on RTRs Dyno - SOLD
vinshonz

Car: 2008 Liberty GT TunedBySTi

Re: STi steering wheel emblem

Postby teK-- » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:34 pm

tried a heatgun?
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby vinshonz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:22 am

no i didnt, not sure if i want to heat up the airbag module lol

i might attempt to take off the airbag inflator from the steering wheel on the xmas holidays

some research tells me theres metal tabs behind the emblem thats bent to hold it in place

at the moment i have it stuck directly ontop of the original emblem
2008 Liberty GT Tuned by STi 27 of 250 made
PnP VF52, AVO TBE into TCP-Ti Mufflers, AVO panel filter, Mishimoto TMIC, Turbosmart Kompact BOV, Kobe Silicone Intake + SFB, Kobe 340LPH pump,
Tuspeed 3Port, Exedy HD + lightened flywheel, some Whiteline bits & Corgiwerx bits, Zeitronix Flex Fuel Analyser Kit , e85/98 Flex fuel -Got it REX tuned

2007 WRX Tuned by STi 35 of 200 made
STi Spec C TMIC+ProcessWest splitter, AVO TBE, X3E Silicone Intake, APS CAI, TurboSmart Kompact, Walbro, GrimmSpeed 3 Port, DEFI gauges
TD05-18G 198.5kw on RTRs Dyno - SOLD
vinshonz

Car: 2008 Liberty GT TunedBySTi

Postby mjdboys » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:59 pm

Do you know where I can get a sti badge for centre of Momo steering wheel
mjdboys

Car: 2001 liberty B4

Return to Bling me up