My B4 now with moar front lip

For the older twin turbo B4 models

My B4 now with moar front lip

Postby chadza » Fri May 14, 2010 6:51 pm

After having a quiet week with work this week I decided I needed another project. So I bought an Ultrex lip to put on the B4.

I decided to try the MY06-07 Wrx Sti Lip as I know of a couple of other B4's that have used a similar style and look awesome.

http://www.ultrex.com.au/subaru-wrx-sti ... p-278.html

I knew it was never going to be bolt on job and Rob at Ultrex informed me of this also. In terms of how true this was- I only was able to use 1 screw hole that actually lined up between the lip and the bumper and that was the centre hole!! Every other hole in both the lip and bumper had to be drilled to get the lip to fit "just right".

As I dont have a proper jack or car ramp I ended up jacking the car up alternating either side probably about 5-6 times to line everything up before i drilled into anything. The lip turned out to be about an inch and a half too long in terms of where it ended at the guard. So I also had to cut off the excess (including little end plates). I had originally intended to glue these end plates back on, but after fiddling around with them for a while I decided it looks just fine without them.

Needless to say the front end looks TOUGH and I am very happy with the end result. Not bad for $180.

Last edited by chadza on Sat May 15, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY02 Blue Pearl Liberty B4 - 185kw atw
Ecutek Stage 2, 3" exhaust, Hyperflow CAI, Walbro FP
chadza

Car: MY02 Liberty B4

Re: My B4 now with moar front lip

Postby smythie » Fri May 14, 2010 8:14 pm

nice :good:
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby teK-- » Fri May 14, 2010 8:24 pm

Looks great!

May I suggest if you need to get the front of the car up without a trolley jack or ramps, then get some thick timber sleepers and just drive onto them. Even with only one 50mm thick sleeper under each front wheel I have enough clearance to do an oil change.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby BigWillieStyles » Mon May 17, 2010 2:39 pm

looks really good. Ive seen a similar product on yahoo auctions and wondered what it would look like.
BigWillieStyles

Postby Kevlar GT » Mon May 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Well done, good pay off for the gamble. :wink:
Kevlar GT

Car: 04 GT Wagon

Return to B4 Specific