Help - anyone live in Brisbane with a B4?

For the older twin turbo B4 models

Re: Help - anyone live in Brisbane with a B4?

Postby benvw » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:22 pm

west_minist wrote:Once your MAF is cleans and no boost leaks, including in the header to the turbo's, a simple retune takes care of all pinging.

I have a lot of experience tuning them, outside of ECUTek. If you are interested and have the tactrix cable, viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7415 pm me.

Here is some of my work I posted:- http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... m.php?f=88

I worked on a b4 that use to work so bad in Montserrat, Caribbean on bad gas. That car is now working extremely well.

Thanks, am trying a retune. We have done this already on the dyno but cant replicate the loads of a steep hill and the car doesn't detonate. And hence I have started replacing all the sensors but this has had no impact. Will try again but get it retuned on road. Car is heaps better performance wise after the tune but dont like the detonation.
B4 rocks
benvw

Car: B4 Liberty 2002

Postby benvw » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:32 pm

west_minist wrote:In your tuning, your car made 211WHP. I have not check to see if it was a Manual or the 4EAT, but in my tuning, my B4's make at least 240whp+, thats 180KW to the wheels in 3rd gear for a Manual. The same goes for the 4EAT.

Sometimes I am very happy to see my cars doing very well over EcuTek. I say sometimes, because, its sadden me to see Ecutek customers not at a good potential.

My car is a manual. And it made approx 180kw at the wheels which I was happy with.
B4 rocks
benvw

Postby natho » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:56 pm

the cam sensor cost me $35 secondhand. symptoms were, pinging at high revs, accompanied by flickering of the check engine light. car still has some minor pinging issues but the cam sensor did stop the pinging at high revs and the flickering engine light. i could also see the SSM code using Learning View.
natho

Car: 07 Liberty GT

Postby benvw » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:16 am

natho wrote:the cam sensor cost me $35 secondhand. symptoms were, pinging at high revs, accompanied by flickering of the check engine light. car still has some minor pinging issues but the cam sensor did stop the pinging at high revs and the flickering engine light. i could also see the SSM code using Learning View.

hmm, I dont have any lights coming on so might not be an issue for my car. was it easy to change? Cheers.
B4 rocks
benvw

Postby natho » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:36 am

benvw wrote:
natho wrote:the cam sensor cost me $35 secondhand. symptoms were, pinging at high revs, accompanied by flickering of the check engine light. car still has some minor pinging issues but the cam sensor did stop the pinging at high revs and the flickering engine light. i could also see the SSM code using Learning View.

hmm, I dont have any lights coming on so might not be an issue for my car. was it easy to change? Cheers.

yep 1 plug and 1 bolt, top of the cam cover near the battery.

get your mechanic to check for stored error codes
natho

Car: 07 Liberty GT

Postby benvw » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:36 am

natho wrote:
benvw wrote:

yep 1 plug and 1 bolt, top of the cam cover near the battery.

get your mechanic to check for stored error codes

He did but that must not have come up. Cheers
B4 rocks
benvw

Previous

Return to B4 Specific