Just got B4 tuned with Ecutek Type 2

For the older twin turbo B4 models

Re: Just got B4 tuned with Ecutek Type 2

Postby chadza » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:00 pm

yeahnah. Not going to happen.....correction, you may run 220kwatw for a few weeks and then your turbo's arent going to like you anymore. Without porting of the ECV's I seriously doubt you'll get 220 atw with the standard VF33 and 32.

Oh and by flat spot i mean a curve that doesn't continue in an exponential upwards direction. If you have a dyno graph to prove what your saying then i'm all ears.
MY02 Blue Pearl Liberty B4 - 185kw atw
Ecutek Stage 2, 3" exhaust, Hyperflow CAI, Walbro FP
chadza

Car: MY02 Liberty B4

Postby ej25tt » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:34 pm

given the vf33 is rated to 350hp, and the vf32 at 400hp, running 220kw,or 295 hp is not going to harm the turbos. anyone looking for these figures should be running an oil cooler anyway. im currently in the process of fitting an oil cooler, just for the turbo lines, and a decent exhaust, and the larger front exhaust cross over, will ensure they can handle it... 300kw however, would be too much for the factory turbos.

at this point, i'd get rid of the bypass valve, and run a vf46 where the seconday was, and run both turbos minus the sequential setup... the reason most of the turbos raise issues with the b4, is beacause anyone looking for these figures goes turbo back with the exhaust, but neglects to change the exhaust prior to the turbos (i.e. the front cross over, manifolds.). as these factory items severly restrict exhaust gas flow, it builds up heat on the engine side of the turbos, running the turbos hot, even though a large bore exhaust is doing what it can to get rid of it...

chazda, speak to MRT as I have, and they will tell u that it is possible to effectively delete any signs of VOD in the b4, given u have the right modifications prior to doing the stage 4 ecutek tune!

out of curiosity, have u changed anything in the exhaust prior to the turbos, or r u still running the factory manifold/cross-over?
All Weather Driving (AWD) and Excellent Sideways Performance (ESP) as Standard
ej25tt
formerly runamuk

Car: 3rd gen liberty rx wagon

Postby Jaydnisevil » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:52 am

This has been the best tuning result I have seen.. interesting article as well :)

http://autospeed.com.au/cms/title_A-Bet ... ticle.html
Jaydnisevil

Car: 07 BPE 3.0R-B and 05 GDB STI

Previous

Return to B4 Specific