B4 tune advice

For the older twin turbo B4 models

B4 tune advice

Postby TheRips » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:37 pm

Hey guys,

Few weeks ago I left behind a life of nothing but BMW's and got myself a very well priced '01 B4 that is remarkably tidy and running nicely. Despite the abundance of hate aimed at the TT system, I'm liking it for my regular town commutes. Offers some good smooth torque from relatively low down.

Anyway, trying to gauge some advice from Melbourne based members on where they get their cars looked at? I've searched, but wanted to know if there are places that are really great with B4's. I'm close to Cromwell in Burwood which is supposed to be a good Subaru mechanic.

I'm looking at doing some light work on the car. Would like to get a bit more sound out of the exhaust, but I like the stock look for the time being. Do the pipes from the turbo go into a cat, then another cat, then rear muffler? If so I may just get the middle cat removed.

Lastly as the title suggests, looking to get a tune. Seems that ECUtek blow their own horn, but no one on these forums seem to rate them what so ever. Where and what would you guys recommend? Not looking for huge figures, would be happy with 160-190awkw.

Thanks for any help!
TheRips

Car: '01 B4

Re: B4 tune advice

Postby sparrow » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:39 pm

matt / kido racing is the dude you want to message regarding tune. theres a section in the commercial vendors.
id say everybody on here will recommend him.
sparrow

Car: b4

Re: B4 tune advice

Postby TheRips » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:24 pm

Alright shot him a message, thanks!

Can anyone help me out with the other questions?
TheRips

Car: '01 B4

Return to B4 Specific