Swapping B4 front seats

For the older twin turbo B4 models

Swapping B4 front seats

Postby krazynayba » Wed May 08, 2013 2:34 am

Hi All,

I'm a new B4 owner as of a few days ago and so far I love it! (first turbocharged car :P)

Anyway, I'm finding that the side flares on the bottom of the front seat really dig into my legs! I've got a pretty wide frame so that would probably explain why. As a temporary solution I've got a memory foam cushion that helps but doesn't completely eliminate the problem. I used to own a '96 Liberty and quite liked the seats in it, as they were fairly wide and comfy for me.

So my question is: Can 2nd Gen, or even non-B4 3rd gen seats bolt straight up to the B4's mounting points?

I've tried searching online for this info for Liberties AND Legacies but can't seem to find anything on it.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Cheers!
krazynayba

Car: 2003 B4 Liberty

Re: Swapping B4 front seats

Postby AB501UT!0N » Thu May 09, 2013 1:12 pm

krazynayba wrote:Hi All,

I'm a new B4 owner as of a few days ago and so far I love it! (first turbocharged car :P)

Anyway, I'm finding that the side flares on the bottom of the front seat really dig into my legs! I've got a pretty wide frame so that would probably explain why. As a temporary solution I've got a memory foam cushion that helps but doesn't completely eliminate the problem. I used to own a '96 Liberty and quite liked the seats in it, as they were fairly wide and comfy for me.

So my question is: Can 2nd Gen, or even non-B4 3rd gen seats bolt straight up to the B4's mounting points?

I've tried searching online for this info for Liberties AND Legacies but can't seem to find anything on it.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Cheers!

Congrats on the new car! I'm getting mine registered tomorrow and I believe that 98-03 WRX seats just bolt straight in so that might be a better option for you :)
jakey wrote:.... goshgollywingwong

Jack_Keaka wrote:the process of chris getting his parts as follows: :yahoo: :mrgreen: :? :close_tema: :shock: :( :cry: :angry2: :skull:
AB501UT!0N

Car: Subaru Liberty Heritage 2000

Postby nickknack » Thu May 09, 2013 3:09 pm

WRX seats are even smaller than B4 seats! Regular gen3 seats should just bolt in if you're so inclined, will have less bolstering though. I think the first three generations of libs have interchangeable seats but don't quote me on that!
nickknack

Car: Black MY02 Liberty B4
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16448

Postby AB501UT!0N » Mon May 13, 2013 1:33 pm

nickknack wrote:WRX seats are even smaller than B4 seats! Regular gen3 seats should just bolt in if you're so inclined, will have less bolstering though. I think the first three generations of libs have interchangeable seats but don't quote me on that!

Are they I thought they were wider, stupid me :P I would then suggest getting Gen3 heritage seats which are wide and comfy if you want leather :)
jakey wrote:.... goshgollywingwong

Jack_Keaka wrote:the process of chris getting his parts as follows: :yahoo: :mrgreen: :? :close_tema: :shock: :( :cry: :angry2: :skull:
AB501UT!0N

Car: Subaru Liberty Heritage 2000

Postby krazynayba » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Thanks for the suggestion!

I forgot to re-check this thread and ended up testing the 3rd gen seats by taking the front ones out of my brother's 3rd gen and testing them in the B4 and they bolt up fine :) The only issue seemed to be that the seat belt didn't clip in to the 3rd gen seat belt holster thingy properly. Still stuck in there, but didn't seem to go in all the way.

Anyway, I ended up getting some regular 4th gen seats (fronts and rears in really good condition) and bolting them straight up. Even the seat belt indicator plug fits the same! Much comfier too! However, I don't really want to get rid of the original ones entirely. The only thing that bugs me about the leather ones are the flares at the bottom that are too "steep" and jut into my thighs. Anyone know of anywhere I could take these (in Adelaide) and maybe have them altered? Might cost more than it's worth, but I can't keep them just sitting around the place forever.
krazynayba

Car: 2003 B4 Liberty

Postby sbv » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:45 pm

...They must be duds - just give them to me 8)
sbv

Car: E85 GTB Outback

Return to B4 Specific