B4 very random half boost, 0.5 bar

For the older twin turbo B4 models

Re: B4 very random half boost, 0.5 bar

Postby Robbks » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:05 pm

code 15 is an injector code normally

but connect the green ones, and RUN the engine, see what it produces
I'd said white before, they must be for the old RS and Gen 2 leggy

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/stock-ecu-d ... -only.html
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
Robbks

Car: MY06 3.0RB Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12350

Postby N AF73R » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:49 pm

I have been experiencing similar problems with my B4. Usually boosts to 16psi and the other day wouldnt nudge above 12. Next time i drive it runs fine and the day after that only hits 12psi again. So today I plug in my EzyFlashPro and had 2 error codes p0500 (vehicle speed sensor malfunction) and p1591 (Neutral position switch circuit low input) so i cleared the codes and go for a drive to log some data and its back to normal again, after checking the data log on laptop I even boost spiked at 17.7psi :D

So im really confused as to what happened but hopefully its behind me. I have recently replaced both plastic intercooler pipes (have ordered autobahn88 silicone hoses instead bcauz the hard plastic is shit) and every clamp i could see as well as the metal intercooler pipe with the butterfly for the 2nd turbo. I want to slowly clean/replace anything that might need it after 14 years of service. Any suggestions as to how and what I should be checking because there are so many fcking vacuum lines and things running around this twin turbo setup?

Also I want to try this diagnostic mode but i read that it performs an ECU reset. I am wondering if this will have any effect on the tune on the ECU?
N AF73R

Car: '01 B4 with the lot. 200kw atw

Postby migoreng » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:10 pm

^Not sure if the tune will be reset.

This is what I did about 2 weeks ago. Connect the green and black test connectors.. start the car and drive for a bit...for me it was like a 10 sec drive and the CEL light started flashing rapidly, which means cleared. The car will idle and drive slightly rough due to all the solenoids and stuff cycling on and off. I stopped the engine and unplugged the connectors...The car drove normal again.

Later on I connected the black test connectors only and turned the key to on, didn't start engine...codes were cleared. I wasn't getting the 15 code any more..just rapid CEL flashes.

But still my boost gets stuck at 7psi here and there. It looks like the problem is getting more frequent so something in the system is getting more gunked up/siezed...I'll test for codes again tomorrow and will prepare to give some things a clean in the solenoid box...

Can I confirm that it is safe to spray upper engine cleaner through the solenoids and let them dry overnight? I'll spray UEC through the vacumm lines one at a time too and will use an air compressor to help dislodge any junk that has built up...
migoreng

Car: Liberty B4

Postby Hoody » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:46 pm

I'm having boost problems aswell mine isn't even getting to 0.5 bar
But also my gauge shows no vacuum
I've tried all the test and there is no error code
Could I just have a shit gauge?
Hoody

Car: 02 liberty b4

Postby mwilson93 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:35 pm

When I had this problem it was the diaphragm valve thingy on the intercooler piping, got a second hand one from the wreckers and been making 1.3 bar boost for last 6 months with no problems. Before I could get my hands on a new valve I just used to manually operate it when the engine was not running to make sure it wasn't jamming and that worked as a temp fi. Hope this helps
mwilson93

Car: liberty b4

Postby Hoody » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:30 am

Where abouts is this located?
Hoody

Postby sparrow » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:41 pm

im assuming he means the intercooler control valve. its the pipe coming off the intercooler to the secondary turbo. if you follow line 1 off the solenoid box you will see it runs to a gold bar, this controls the valve. open and closed. im suss on mine at the moment as i have no secondary, but being a b4 it could be 10 things. :angry2:
sparrow

Car: b4

Postby mwilson93 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:31 pm

What he said^^
mwilson93

Car: liberty b4

Postby Hoody » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:35 pm

Thanks for that
Still trying to figure out the problem
Hoody

Postby sparrow » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:49 pm

ive got 1 coming from uk, hope it solves my problem. will be immediately for sale if it doesn't. bout $90.
where are you located.maybe we vcan have a swap n play try to find each others dodgy part
sparrow

Postby Hoody » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:35 pm

Hopefully it fixes it
I'm from Newcastle
Hoody

Postby sparrow » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:38 pm

aww man. i live just south of swansea. near catho bay. if your keen to meet up and try and get it sorted let me know.
add me on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/daniel.t.sparrow
sparrow

Postby Redbaron » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:54 pm

Hi Migoreng. Any chance you have fixed this issue. My car started this about 12 months ago but in the last 2 weeks the primary turbo wont go over 5psi and I can barely here it spool. Once the second turbo comes on boost at 4500 rpm the boost peaks at 21psi.

I am confused as what the problem is but can here a metallic sound coming from under the secondary turbo charger :?
Redbaron

Car: Liberty B4 MY02

Postby migoreng » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:22 pm

Redbaron wrote:Hi Migoreng. Any chance you have fixed this issue. My car started this about 12 months ago but in the last 2 weeks the primary turbo wont go over 5psi and I can barely here it spool. Once the second turbo comes on boost at 4500 rpm the boost peaks at 21psi.

I am confused as what the problem is but can here a metallic sound coming from under the secondary turbo charger :?

Nope.. I think it's just the bad factory tune. Ive done everything required for the 200,000km service. Just haven't done the fuel filter and brake fluid which ill get to soon.
I replaced the loud muffler with a tri flow earlier in the year and I believe I can now hear the engine pinging slightly.
migoreng

Car: Liberty B4

Postby wadesta » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:52 am

Hi Migoreng,

Did you ever get this issue resolved?
wadesta

Car: '02 B4 Liberty

Previous

Return to B4 Specific