BOV LINE R PILLZ

For the older twin turbo B4 models

BOV LINE R PILLZ

Postby Murfb4 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:28 am

in the b4 there is a number of R pillz , 2 of which are in the bov line that bleeds back to the intake on the primary, anybody got an idea of the sizes, ones is like a white plastic reducer
MY02 B4 - SINGLE TURBO
MODS - SOME...
Murfb4

Car: MY02 Liberty B4

Re: BOV LINE R PILLZ

Postby telemekas » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:40 pm

The AUDM B4 has only 2 restrictor pills that I know of.
1. Line off primary turbo boost pressure port (standard spot for Subaru 2 port boost controller)
2. Line No:2 in Solenoid box (BBOD)
The ones you may be referring to (blue/white) are mechanical step downs and not restrictors..
telemekas

Car: B4/BE5 Rev E BITURBO TD04S-13TXT

Postby Murfb4 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:15 am

Hope this helps someone as it would of helped me 1 month ago

i will post another diag for people with an after market dumpvalve (BOV), as it wont work as well with the Rpillz in the standard Line,

our cars do need to bleed boost back into the turbo intake for some reason thou i havent the foggiest why ( cars will stutter on acceleration if they are blocked up or wrong pill size placed in)

cars running more boost then the standard ( ecutek )may need to increase the size of these pills to avoid stutter also , on my liberty i have 1x 2.5mm pill in the bov bleed line as i have an aftermarket bov. i found that changing this pill size will increase/ decrease the amount of boost i was seeing , but reached a happy medium with 14psi primary and 16 psi secondary with minimal acceleration stutter.
MY02 B4 - SINGLE TURBO
MODS - SOME...
Murfb4

Postby Murfb4 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:17 am

I removed the 2.0mm and the 1.5mm Rpills for the standard setup and inserted a 2.5 mm , ( read earlyer post)

Bov sounds as it should now and opens fully when required. ( no more fluttering )
MY02 B4 - SINGLE TURBO
MODS - SOME...
Murfb4

Return to B4 Specific