MY07 AUX input

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re: MY07 AUX input

Postby Jaz » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:36 pm

audioarchitect wrote:Is the cable a regular 3.5mm male jack at the head unit end or is it one of those funky loom type connections? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers
:?:

At the head unit end it's a 5 pin circular connection, at the other end it's a female 3.5mm plug for you to plug into.
Jaz

Car: 07 GT-B sedan

Postby Seany Orrsum » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:40 am

Sorry to bump such an old post, but I feel it is better than making a new one.

Is this still the best process for added the audio jack to the stereo? (pull off the face of the head unit and rewire)

Or does someone know of a simpler method?

And lastly, does anyone know if there is someone in Brisbane who can perform this mod?
Seany Orrsum

Car: Liberty GT Spec.B 2.5 MY07

Postby LordFigTree » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:51 pm

Seany Orrsum wrote:Sorry to bump such an old post, but I feel it is better than making a new one.

Is this still the best process for added the audio jack to the stereo? (pull off the face of the head unit and rewire)

Or does someone know of a simpler method?

And lastly, does anyone know if there is someone in Brisbane who can perform this mod?

Hey sorry for such a late reply, i feel the AUX cable is the the best way, it makes it all a lot cleaner, and any other equipment would require almost the same process, check out this thread http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=16196 for more options.
By the way i may have misunderstood, but there's no "rewire" involved, it's just pull the headunit out, plug the subaru AUX cable in and feed it through the centre console to the centre cubby between the seats where it fits next to the lighter port.

Also can't help with the Brisbane connections, but with a little time and care, it's an easy job.
LordFigTree

Car: MY08 Liberty 3.0R Premium

Previous

Return to Audio options