Drivers seat beeping and interior dome light flashing

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Drivers seat beeping and interior dome light flashing

Postby GT85TI » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:15 pm

Hi guys,

I was hoping somebody might be able to help me with a problem which has just cropped up for me while installing some audio stuff in my '08 Lib GT (STI).

I'm in the process of installing a new double DIN headunit, a new amp and doing some sound deadening, during which time I have had to unbolt and move the front seats a few times in order to route cabling and install the amp. My problem is that now when I hook the negative terminal back up to the battery, my drivers seat beeps constantly - the beep is the same beep you hear when using the preset seat modes, however it just beeps constantly approximately every 3 seconds. Along with the drivers seat beeping, the interior dome light is also flashing constantly, again about once every 2-3 seconds.

Has anybody come across a similar issue before? Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks in advance!

mic
GT85TI

Re: Drivers seat beeping and interior dome light flashing

Postby cpitts » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:48 am

Not sure of the error, but it'll be an error code sequence - best call Subaru on that one.

You said you removed the seat, did you unplug all the airbag cables, etc as well? If so, there may be some sort of reset sequence required for the airbag computer/controller. Perhaps storing a new seat location in the seat memory may help fix the seat mem beeping.

Double check all your plugs are in properly and there's no bent pins, I've had this before with window winder failure after doing stereo installs. The pins seem to be made of paper, the way they bend so easy!
cpitts

Postby wassell2381 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:03 am

hey mate i had the dome light flashing after i connected a connector together which wasn't supposed to be connected for my variant of lib
The connector is behind the panel to the right of the pedals on the drivers side in the corner. The connector was white and its the most obvious connector there.
Ill try to get a pic l8r for ya

cheers
Dan
Current:
... TBC
Sold:
MY09 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
MY10 BMW 320d LCI
MY09 Impreza RS Hatch
MY04 Liberty Safety Pack Sedan
wassell2381
-stickered-

Car: Nil

Postby GT85TI » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:53 am

Hi guys,

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll check all the connectors for any bent pins tonight and also have a play with setting a new memory position for the seat

Will let you know how I go - here's hoping :)
GT85TI

Postby jdm rsk » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:49 pm

wassell2381 wrote:hey mate i had the dome light flashing after i connected a connector together which wasn't supposed to be connected for my variant of lib
The connector is behind the panel to the right of the pedals on the drivers side in the corner. The connector was white and its the most obvious connector there.

cheers
Dan

that connector on my car is for programing in a new key for the central locking
jdm rsk
formerly legacy rsk

Car: MY 11 VW Golf GTI ED35

Postby GT85TI » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:18 am

wassell2381 wrote:hey mate i had the dome light flashing after i connected a connector together which wasn't supposed to be connected for my variant of lib

cheers
Dan

Sure enough I found that little connector and disconnected it and voila! No more beeping or flashing!! :D

Thinking back I remember when I connected it together thinking to myself (I don't remember unplugging this) :idea:

Thanks for your help guys - Much appreciated!
GT85TI

Postby overl0ad » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:55 pm

that little white connector is to allow for full rear/write to the factory ECU.

you should also have heard you radiator fan going on/off/on/off...
tangcla wrote:I didn't have to. I have girly Asian hands :lol:
overl0ad

Car: MY07 GTB 6MT *sold*

Postby guydav » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:24 am

Ripper,
Problem solved! I also remember connecting the cable and thinking "I didnt remove that"

Thanks nearly drove me nuts
Guy
guydav

Car: Outback H6 2007

Postby Larnook » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:42 pm

Thank you so much for this post :) It has been doing my head in for the past 3 days and I too had plugged the little white plug together behind the driver's kick board, to the right of the accelerator pedal. On disconnecting it, everything works as it should. GOLD. We had taken the carpet out of the car (07 Outback) we just bought as it had a bucket of sand through it that would not vacuum out, so when putting it all back together, I must have joined the connector together.
By the way, the beeping isn't coming from the seat, but under the carpet, under the driver's seat. I disconnected it as it was driving me even crazier. I can put it back in now, I guess.
I can't figure out how to upload an image, otherwise I'd put a pic in of the plug and the beeping box.
Cheers
Larnook

Postby Ric » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:17 pm

Larnook wrote:...
I can't figure out how to upload an image, otherwise I'd put a pic in of the plug and the beeping box.

Use the "Upload attachment" tab below the edit window.
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Return to Audio options