Relatively Cheap Aux in / Ipod in for McIntosh!

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re: Relatively Cheap Aux in / Ipod in for McIntosh!

Postby cplicious » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:40 pm

cplicious

Car: RS

Postby eddiewould » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:13 pm

Yeah,

I'd like to know which one to go for too. Ideally I'd like one which

- Is controlled through iPhone (other than volume, which I'd expect to work from McIntosh hu). Definitely don't want to mess about with playlists!
- Works with iPhone 3GS (charges, and allows calls to come in!)
- Has reasonable volume output & sound quality.

Don't care how much it costs (up to a point!)

Suggestions?
eddiewould

Car: MY04 Legacy Sedan (GT Spec.B)

Postby Jaz » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:13 pm

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/prod ... ts_id=1479

Do these work with a 07 Mackintosh in a GT-B?
Jaz

Car: 07 GT-B sedan

Postby Kekotic » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:48 pm

Jaz the shipping prices on that website are utterly insane. I wanted to do a group buy for a Spec.B badge they offer because shipping was $42 USD...for a badge. Shipping on that Aux cable is $52.25 USD!
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby Jaz » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:01 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:Jaz the shipping prices on that website are utterly insane. I wanted to do a group buy for a Spec.B badge they offer because shipping was $42 USD...for a badge. Shipping on that Aux cable is $52.25 USD!

That isn't the question I asked. I have a contact in the states I can have it sent to and get him to bring it back.
Jaz

Postby Kekotic » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:20 pm

I was going to go on to say I would like to do a group buy of that cable to save on shipping, but with that attitude I think I would rather spend the extra cash.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby Jaz » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:34 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:I was going to go on to say I would like to do a group buy of that cable to save on shipping, but with that attitude I think I would rather spend the extra cash.

Attitude? What do you mean.

Anyway after some research they are available (and cheaper locally), so I'll do that.
Jaz

Postby THERB3 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:37 pm

Hey guys,

I found this on ebay and I was just wondering if this would work with my iphone ?

Also is it worth it or should I purchase one brand new ?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... K:MEWAX:IT

Thx.
MY05 Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0RB Silver 6MT

Modifications:
19" Rays/Volk GT30 Wheels :: Hi Tech Mufflers :: HKS Panel Filter :: STi Front Lip :: 6000K HID Driving/Fog Lights :: LED Parkers/Licence/Map/Dome :: Brembo Package :: V-Tune :: Tein Flex Coilovers & EDFC Controller :: HKC Carbon Bonnet Scoop :: Hanabi Smoked LED Rear Tail Lights :: Eyelids :: Goodridge Braided Lines :: JDM Front Bar :: Corazon Grille :: Pioneer AVH-X8650BT / Alpine PDX5 Amp

Current Plans:
Whiteline SwayBars ::
THERB3
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Subaru Liberty 3.0RB Wagon

Postby The Sean » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:33 pm

Hey Bud,

I think that's the one that Tangles keeps referring to.

Not sure if they are still available new, I reckon for the $80 it's worth a try.

It didn't sell, I think it is worth contacting the seller and taking the punt.

TS
Now that I'm in North America, I'm greatly concerned about raised pick-up trucks and owners of wedge shaped vehicles. Seriously, not only do you have to be concerned about one hitting you in an accident, they stand a good chance of driving over you at the same time!
The Sean

Car: Want a '06-'09 F150 (When in Rome!)

Postby Lib 3.0LR » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:28 pm

THERB3 wrote:Hey guys,

I found this on ebay and I was just wondering if this would work with my iphone ?

Also is it worth it or should I purchase one brand new ?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... K:MEWAX:IT

Thx.

Hey Harry that's what I have in my car and it works just fine :D
PS you will not find a new one
Attachments
EA1251-2.jpg
EA1251-2.jpg (19.84 KiB) Viewed 8813 times
Silver wagon MY06 3.0LR/18' STI Enkei rims/STI front lip/STI pedels/STI mufflers/STI flexible bar/HKS panel air filter/Clarion CeNET iPod interface EA1251 /HID lights-fogs 6000k/Led parkers/Bilstien- Eibach springs / Corazon Grill /Brembo's-Dixel pads/goodride-brakelines./Cusco: BRAKE CYLINDER STOPPER /.Valenti Japan LED Tail Light/In Car PC,JDM Front Bar /KiDo Tune more TBA ?[size=85]
Lib 3.0LR

Car: MY06 LIBERTY 3.0LR WAGON.

Postby mark9h » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:53 pm

hey im looking at getting the Axxess AIP-CL-ID. Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Sydney where i can go and buy this or do i have to order it online? If i have to order it online is there any websites you can recommend that you have used to purchase this product? I was thinking of using amazon.com as i cannot find the product on ebay.
It's going to be going in my My06 liberty and i will probably be installing it myself.
TYVM in advance :D

*edit* Just tried to order it from amazon and they dont ship the product to Australia
mark9h

Car: My06 Liberty

Postby krappy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:18 am

mark9h wrote:hey im looking at getting the Axxess AIP-CL-ID. Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Sydney where i can go and buy this or do i have to order it online? If i have to order it online is there any websites you can recommend that you have used to purchase this product? I was thinking of using amazon.com as i cannot find the product on ebay.
It's going to be going in my My06 liberty and i will probably be installing it myself.

*edit* Just tried to order it from amazon and they dont ship the product to Australia

I just recieved mine which I ordered from here: http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_25756_Axxess_AIP-CL-ID.aspx

Cost me about $71 USD (including postage) and arrived pretty quickly. Haven't yet had a chance to fit it though...
krappy

Postby eightball » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Hey guys - my first post here, but I've been doing a fair bit of reading here in regards to Aux In for Libertys etc - I've just got mine sorted out so I thought it only fair to give back & let people know how I went.

6 weeks ago I became the proud owner of my first Liberty (been wanting one for years) we scored a 2006 Liberty 3.0R-B (wagon, first kid on the way), after reading all the related threads on this forum (and a couple of others) it looked like the AXXESS IPOD AND 3.5MM AUX - FOR CLARION AIP-CL-ID was the best/safest option on getting my iPod/iPhone hooked into the 05-06 McIntosh stereo.

I eventually found one here http://www.aussiedeals.com.au/products/AXXESS_IPOD_AND_3_5MM_AUX_FOR_CLARION_AIP_CL_ID-460594-0.html the price seemed a bit rich & they absolutely reamed me on shipping ($28 or so) but they were the only place I could find with stock. Hold breath, & enter credit card details & accept that I'm paying about $170 for an option that may not work.

A week or so later, the cable showed up (that in itself was a relief) & due to stereo being back at Subaru getting repaired when the wife went down to get it put back in, I made sure she took the cable down & see if they'd whack it in when they put the repaired (was getting focus errors) McIntosh HU back in - surprisingly enough, they agreed & the wife came home with a couple of cables protruding out from nder the centre console trim.

After reading about BBQ'd head units I was nervous plugging the iphone in for the first time but IT WORKED, as mentioned before you access the iPod by pressing disc twice & also mentioned the level is a fair bit lower than the FM or CD channels. The supplied iPod cable even charges my iPhone - but annoyingly the iPod input is even lower line level than the 3.5 mini jack input (where you can still turn up the volume on the iPhone to drive it a bit harder)

So I can say for an 06 Liberty 3.0R-B McIntosh system, the cable from Aussiedeals works.

Hope this helps someone
eightball

Car: 2006 Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon

Postby team_subaru » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:39 am

I have been using this since we picked up the car

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=390447

Clarity is pretty good and fits in nicely with the interior of the car.
wrxsa.com
team_subaru

Car: MY07 3.0R Spec B

Postby krappy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:26 am

krappy wrote:
mark9h wrote:hey im looking at getting the Axxess AIP-CL-ID. Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Sydney where i can go and buy this or do i have to order it online? If i have to order it online is there any websites you can recommend that you have used to purchase this product? I was thinking of using amazon.com as i cannot find the product on ebay.

I just recieved mine which I ordered from here: http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_25756_Axxess_AIP-CL-ID.aspx

Cost me about $71 USD (including postage) and arrived pretty quickly. Haven't yet had a chance to fit it though...

Installed mine today - took about an hour and everything works fine. As people have said the volume is a bit low, but no problem just turn it up - just remember when you switch back to cd/radio to turn the volume down first otherwise you bleed from your ears lol...

For about $80 its well worth it. :D
krappy

PreviousNext

Return to Audio options