Relatively Cheap Aux in / Ipod in for McIntosh!

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re: Relatively Cheap Aux in / Ipod in for McIntosh!

Postby Woodduck » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:15 pm

Cheers mate! Might just buy it and see.
'06 LIBERTY 3.0R SPEC B SEDAN --- 6SP Manual - 19" Kahn RS-V rims - V-Tune - STI Short Shifter - Tein S-techs - Corazon Grill - Phats Quad Mufflers - STi front lip - Brembo brakes with slotted rotors - More to come ;)

Woodduck

Car: '06 3.0R spec B

Postby RAN94A » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:19 pm

no probs if you get stuck on installation post on here or pm me and ill point ya in the right direction :P
RAN94A

Car: Liberty MY06 3.0R

Postby neverland1 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:46 pm

RAN94A wrote:Hey neverland are you planning on using your RCA cables?? i didnt score any with mine just a 3.5mm jack and i'm starting to toy with the idea of getting a DVD player in the car and im wondering if this would allow it to hook up to the stock stereo..

yep it would :) just plug a 3.5mm to 2 RCA cable( under a fiver from jaycar or jbhifi) hit the cd button twice(to change to the cd changer ")mode" , plug the RCAs into the dvd RCA outs and sit back and relax while watching and listening to liberty 13 speaker goodness!!!! :beach:
Mustang Dave is on it!
neverland1

Car: MY06 Liberty 3.0R Spec-B

Postby hujra.1 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Hi guys, just posted the same message in another thread, I bought the Axxess cable and it fried my unit. Still chasing some compo from the seller. Apart from the burning smell from the unit, the install went fine... sigh. Oh well, time to upgrade!
My Subie is sad - fried head unit. On the upside, it means it's time to upgrade!!!
Progress report - have installed Japanese McIntosh unit for the short term... Thanks Ric!
Progress report - double DIN fascia plate arrived
Progress report - inquiring on an amp
hujra.1

Car: Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0R-B MY05

Postby neverland1 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:49 pm

Hey mate sorry to hear the news |:(
was it an instantaneous BBQ or did work for a bit? Hopefully the seller will cover the costs especially if the prduct was faulty :(
Mustang Dave is on it!
neverland1

Car: MY06 Liberty 3.0R Spec-B

Postby AndrewCowley » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:05 am

hujra.1 wrote:Hi guys, just posted the same message in another thread, I bought the Axxess cable and it fried my unit. Still chasing some compo from the seller. Apart from the burning smell from the unit, the install went fine... sigh. Oh well, time to upgrade!

So sorry to hear that. Was it this that you tried?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0441643293

I have one of these on order and if this is the same as what fried your unit then I will be reluctant to try it.
MY04 GT Sedan: HKS Panel Filter. AVO TMIC. PHAT Dump Pipe. STi Quads. Pulse Racing ECU Tune. DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors. Dixcel M Pads. Spec B Bilsteins. Swift Sport Springs. Whiteline F&R Swaybars. Whiteline FSB. J Speed LCA Bushes.
AndrewCowley

Postby dogsfoot » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:24 pm

Installed mine tonight. 10 Minutes tops. Works great, Ipod and 3.5mm lead.
dogsfoot

Car: my06 3.0r-b wagon

Postby AndrewCowley » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:27 pm

dogsfoot wrote:Installed mine tonight. 10 Minutes tops. Works great, Ipod and 3.5mm lead.

Sounds great. Couple of Q's:

I've got an Axxess AIP-CL-ID unit ready to install. Is the same one you installed?

What instructions did you follow for removing the head unit?
MY04 GT Sedan: HKS Panel Filter. AVO TMIC. PHAT Dump Pipe. STi Quads. Pulse Racing ECU Tune. DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors. Dixcel M Pads. Spec B Bilsteins. Swift Sport Springs. Whiteline F&R Swaybars. Whiteline FSB. J Speed LCA Bushes.
AndrewCowley

Postby dogsfoot » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:10 am

AndrewCowley wrote:
dogsfoot wrote:Installed mine tonight. 10 Minutes tops. Works great, Ipod and 3.5mm lead.

Sounds great. Couple of Q's:

I've got an Axxess AIP-CL-ID unit ready to install. Is the same one you installed?

What instructions did you follow for removing the head unit?

Same unit.
Instructions are on this or the other aux for mac thread I think.

A little disappointed with volume level though. 35 on aux is about 25 on cd.
dogsfoot

Car: my06 3.0r-b wagon

Postby hujra.1 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:00 pm

So sorry to hear that. Was it this that you tried?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0441643293

Yep, that's the one I bought. Others have had no prob, I guess I'm just lucky like that...

BTW, Instant BBQ! At least you'll know straight away hehe.
My Subie is sad - fried head unit. On the upside, it means it's time to upgrade!!!
Progress report - have installed Japanese McIntosh unit for the short term... Thanks Ric!
Progress report - double DIN fascia plate arrived
Progress report - inquiring on an amp
hujra.1

Car: Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0R-B MY05

Postby AndrewCowley » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:27 pm

Installed an Axxess AIP-CL-ID into my MY04 GT tonight. The install was a pain in the arse. Had to use a lot of force at times, way more than I was comfortable with. Brute force prevailed however. Perhaps there's a trick to this and it shouldn't require so much effort.

Removing the silver strips that run down either side of the console was really hard. Got them off in the end, albeit lost a couple of the little white plastic clips in the process. The strips seemed to go back solidly, but I hope there's no rattles.

Anyway the Axxess AIP-CL-ID is awesome! Using iPod connector it even charges my iPod. SQ is as good as CD and you control everything from the iPod itself which is perfect. To select between CD and iPod you simply press the Disc button. There is no loss of functionality, playing CD's still works.

I ran the leads down under the centre console, past the gear selector and then pushed them out underneath so they emerge just near the cupholders which works nicely since my iPod can rest in a cupholder which is pretty much where the lead comes out beneath.

Am happy. Just hope my deconstruction & reconstruction of the centre console doesn't leave any rattles.
AndrewCowley

Postby The Sean » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:27 pm

G'Day Gents,

Got my AIP-CL-ID in the post tonight.

Can you guys please confirm one thing for me, did your input unit(s) come with a 3.5mm female jack and a 8 pin mini DIN female jack or JUST a 8 pin mini DIN female jack?

I'm pretty sure something has gone wrong here, I did get a length of 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable but after much neanderthal grunting, could not plug the 3.5mm male cable into anything!

Help would be greatly appreciated,

TS
Now that I'm in North America, I'm greatly concerned about raised pick-up trucks and owners of wedge shaped vehicles. Seriously, not only do you have to be concerned about one hitting you in an accident, they stand a good chance of driving over you at the same time!
The Sean

Car: Want a '06-'09 F150 (When in Rome!)

Postby AndrewCowley » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:52 pm

The Sean wrote:G'Day Gents,

Got my AIP-CL-ID in the post tonight.

Can you guys please confirm one thing for me, did your input unit(s) come with a 3.5mm female jack and a 8 pin mini DIN female jack or JUST a 8 pin mini DIN female jack?

I'm pretty sure something has gone wrong here, I did get a length of 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable but after much neanderthal grunting, could not plug the 3.5mm male cable into anything!

Help would be greatly appreciated,

TS

Mine came with a cable that has a connector on one end that plugs into the back of the McIntosh head unit and on the other end there is a 3.5mm plug and an iPod plug. Both send music to the head unit just fine. The iPod plug also charges an iPod.
AndrewCowley

Postby The Sean » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:34 pm

Cheers Andrew, as I thought they have sent the wrong thing.

From the pictures I had seen on the web, what you describe is what I was expecting...
Now that I'm in North America, I'm greatly concerned about raised pick-up trucks and owners of wedge shaped vehicles. Seriously, not only do you have to be concerned about one hitting you in an accident, they stand a good chance of driving over you at the same time!
The Sean

Car: Want a '06-'09 F150 (When in Rome!)

Postby randemily » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:27 am

Hi everyone,

Just bought a MY05 Liberty 3.0R and looking to use my iPod 5th gen and/or iPhone 3gs with the McIntosh hu. After reading this forum and others on the subject I've narrowed it down to using either of the following:
Axxess AIP-CL-ID
http://www.audio-discounters.com/aip-cl-id.html
OR
CLARION CCA-iPOD EA1251
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CLARION-CCA-iPOD-EA1251-3-5MM-MP3-iPOD-INTERFACE-CeNET_W0QQitemZ280454040886QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers?hash=item414c5d0d36

Has anyone purchased the Axxess AIP-CL-ID from audio-discounters? Don't wanna get ripped by them.

Would consider the CLARION CCA-iPOD EA1251 as a better option for me as I could essentially use any mp3 player/phone etc with 3.5 jack and for my ipod and iphone i would just get a holder and a seperate charger. Thoughts?
randemily

Car: Subaru - TBA - Currently shopping

PreviousNext

Return to Audio options