Relatively Cheap Aux in / Ipod in for McIntosh!

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re: Relatively Cheap Aux in / Ipod in for McIntosh!

Postby zch91 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Just ordered this, here's hoping to it not being faulty :p

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio ... CL-ID.aspx
zch91
-stickered-

Car: MY04 GT Premium - Silver 5EAT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15397

Postby wazza » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:10 am

zch91 wrote:Just ordered this, here's hoping to it not being faulty :p

Of all the tested ones, this one should work... What car are you putting it in? So if it works, we can buy one :D
wazza

Car: '05 Subaru Liberty

Postby zch91 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:31 pm

wazza wrote:
zch91 wrote:Just ordered this, here's hoping to it not being faulty :p

Of all the tested ones, this one should work... What car are you putting it in? So if it works, we can buy one :D

Will post once it's installed. Should be all good!

And it's going into my 04 gt premium.
zch91
-stickered-

Postby bates91 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:22 am

another happy customer with the axxess option mentioned just above

installed today, wasnt too difficult. took just over an hour, fair considering i didnt have any instructions and im usually a pretty cautious guy when it comes to trying not to break stuff. doing it again would probably take me 20 mins
if anyones worried about tools required, all i used was a regular screwdriver, small flathead (for popping out some clips), and a couple of trim removal tools (can get away with other stuff if you dont have them but i can highly recommend a set, about $20 from ebay)

as has been mentioned in the previous 13 odd pages, sound is diminished a bit so you have to turn up the stereo louder.
sound quality seems pretty damn good to me, im not an audiophile whos got $8000 speakers with my home stereo, but was testing the unit out with some good trance music today and it sounded flawless to me, so im happy
charges my ipod as well
wishing i did it sooner hahah
bates91
-stickered-

Car: BMW 135i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15799

Postby zch91 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:22 pm

Again, another happy AXXESS customer :D

First time headunit remover, managed to get it all out no worries. Plug and play!! Very handy bit of gear. Works a treat!!!
zch91
-stickered-

Postby zch91 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:10 pm

One thing that I find kinda weird is that even when the car is off & the key is out, the iPod cord will still charge your iPod/iPhone etc. Not that my iPod would drain the battery though.

Also when you're using the AXXESS unit and you change the bass/treble/fader/balance etc it wont default back to be able to change the volume (like it would on radio/cd etc) so you cant turn it up and down unless you flick back to radio and then back to the iPod..

Overall pretty happy :D
zch91
-stickered-

Relatively Cheap Aux in / Ipod in for McIntosh!

Postby Harrybob » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:36 pm

zch91 wrote:One thing that I find kinda weird is that even when the car is off & the key is out, the iPod cord will still charge your iPod/iPhone etc. Not that my iPod would drain the battery though.

Also when you're using the AXXESS unit and you change the bass/treble/fader/balance etc it wont default back to be able to change the volume (like it would on radio/cd etc) so you cant turn it up and down unless you flick back to radio and then back to the iPod..

The volume buttons on the steering wheel still work for me after I've changed the bass/treble/fader/balance.
Harrybob

Car: MY07 Liberty 3.0R Spec.B

Postby zch91 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Harrybob wrote:
zch91 wrote:One thing that I find kinda weird is that even when the car is off & the key is out, the iPod cord will still charge your iPod/iPhone etc. Not that my iPod would drain the battery though.

The volume buttons on the steering wheel still work for me after I've changed the bass/treble/fader/balance.

Ah I see, I have an Auto GT so the steering controls are for gearshift, no volume etc for me :(
zch91
-stickered-

Postby starship303 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:55 am

Well after putting up with old CD's & CDR's in my 6-stacker 'tosh system in my MY06 Spec-B, I finally decided to give the AXXESS a go. I don't have an iPod/iPhone and just wanted a simple 3.5mm AUX input for use with my HTC. Bit of a pain that I have to buy an iPod accessory just for a 3.5mm AUX input... I guess if I do any road trips with mates with iPods/iPhones then it might come in handy (if i hand over creative control within my car, of course!).

For those interested, here is the discounted Axxess AIP-CL-ID I bought on Amazon (only a few left):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WU ... 00_details

Cost was AUD$41.92 including shipping within the US (no AUS shipping available!). I'm then using Shipito to get it from the US to AUS... which will likely cost about as much as the product itself, if not more! :evil:

Cheers,
*3o3
CAR: MY06 3.0R-B 6MT (tint, STi lip, STi pink springs, Whiteline F&R sways, Fulcrum LCA's, SuperPro bushes)
TCP Quads + RacingHart 18's have arrived!
CYCLES: NICOLAI Helius ST (downhill) - IBIS Mojo HD (trail) - NS BIKES Suburban (street)
starship303

Car: MY06 3.0R Spec.B 6sp trolley
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18888

Postby zch91 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:14 pm

I paid $78.50 from one of the American websites in this thread which included postage to aus
zch91
-stickered-

Previous

Return to Audio options