Relatively Cheap Aux in / Ipod in for McIntosh!

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re: Relatively Cheap Aux in / Ipod in for McIntosh!

Postby wazza » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:53 am

B8ZE wrote:
sims wrote:Hi Guys

So what's the consensus on Aux in for Pre-facelift McIntosh?

FSL-21
Axxess AIP-CL-ID
Or the Clarion EA1251B
Or any other?
Maybe this any of the products here?:
http://www.anycarlink.com/Product.asp

Seems that everyone has had some success with at least one of these - except the one from ebay maybe :?

Simon

I had the anycar installed on the weekend. Ipod & Bluetooth work really well however couldn't get the 3.5mm jack to play music from my HTC Desire HD. Steering wheel controls work perfectly with the ipod

@B8ZE How much was the anycar 1? Did you purchase direct from them? Cheers! Just returning the shitter ebay one I bought so need a replacement!
wazza

Car: '05 Subaru Liberty

Postby B8ZE » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:33 pm

wazza wrote:
@B8ZE How much was the anycar 1? Did you purchase direct from them? Cheers! Just returning the shitter ebay one I bought so need a replacement!

I didn't purchase direct from them my cousin bought 2 about 12 months ago sold one to his mate he's upgrading his head unit now so i grabbed it off him for $100.

He said they were about $170 each after shipping
B8ZE

Postby wazza » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:47 pm

Ah I see- pricey eh! Cheers for that :)
wazza

Postby SegR » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:41 pm

If the anycarlink unit is of interest, also check out the mcarcdc and xcarlink units. I had these noted down for future investigation, though now I look at it I can't find any reference to subaru support on the xcarlinks.
Team Beards
Beards Don't Kill People, People With Beards Kill People.
SegR

Car: MY05 3.0R sedan, black
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14605

Postby B8ZE » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:31 pm

SegR wrote:If the anycarlink unit is of interest, also check out the mcarcdc and xcarlink units. I had these noted down for future investigation, though now I look at it I can't find any reference to subaru support on the xcarlinks.

Pretty sure that with the xcarlink the one for Suzuki's has the same connector as the one for the McIntosh head unit as they are made to work with Clarion OEM systems. However the anycar has four little switches on it which need to be setup to run the McIntosh. If the xcar doesn't have the switches it probably won't work as i forgot to flick the first switch up when i first put it in and got no sound whatsoever
B8ZE

Postby SegR » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Yeah I should have mentioned that about the xcar for Suzuki.

With the anycarlink unit can the stacker remain connected as well?
Team Beards
SegR

Postby GT - 001 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:06 pm

Finished work early today and installed the axxess unit, pretty easy job if you know how to replace your cabin filter, even if you dont it's not very difficult at all once you get to the back of the cd player its just plug and play.

When I first plugged it in, it said on my phone that this accessory is not customised for the iphone and you may get some interference blah blah blah but everything works fine. You control your songs and playlists from iphone, you can use shuffle function and it also charges my Iphone 4.
The sound quality is pretty good for normal listening but if you're a person who likes to listen to music cranked right up this unit may leave u a bit disappointed. When cranked up the bass loses it's punchiness and the quality doesn't seem perfect (although I am fussy). When playing the same song on cd compared to my iPhone , the cd is a lot clearer, louder and more bassy.
Since Ive only just installed it, this is all I can tell you guys for now, if I have any problems or difficulties i'll let you guys know but so far so good. Oh btw it also has a 3.5mm stereo jack but I have not tried it. For around 70 bux delivered I'm quite happy with it so far but in the end I may have to go for a full stereo upgrade but we'll see how things go.
GT - 001

Postby sutheral » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:11 am

Hi Guys,

A big thanks to everyone who has posted a lot of very useful information on this thread. I am picking up my new wheels on Saturday. MY06 3.0R Spec.B and I can’t wait to get into it!

My McIntosh unit will not have an Aux port on the front. I live and die by my Iphone4, so I have been reviewing my options as discussed in this thread. My understanding is that there is two general options:

1. Clarion EA1251B – Advantage: Claims it will charge Ipod, can use the steering wheel or head unit to control. Disadvantage: limited playlists, expensive, not sure if it is compatible with Iphone4.
2. Axxess AIP-CL-ID – Advantage: Cheap, Charges Iphone, Disadvantage: have to control from phone not steering wheel

I’m thinking of going with the Clarion EA1251B as I want to be able to control with the steering wheel and I am not too fussed about the limited playlists. Can anyone confirm if you can use it on an Iphone 4? I’m struggling to find anywhere that confirms it is compatible.

Thanks again for everyone’s help.
sutheral

Car: MY06 3.0R Spec.B

Postby SegR » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:04 pm

sutheral wrote:My McIntosh unit will not have an Aux port on the front. I live and die by my Iphone4, so I have been reviewing my options as discussed in this thread. My understanding is that there is two general options:

1. Clarion EA1251B – Advantage: Claims it will charge Ipod, can use the steering wheel or head unit to control. Disadvantage: limited playlists, expensive, not sure if it is compatible with Iphone4.
2. Axxess AIP-CL-ID – Advantage: Cheap, Charges Iphone, Disadvantage: have to control from phone not steering wheel

I’m thinking of going with the Clarion EA1251B as I want to be able to control with the steering wheel and I am not too fussed about the limited playlists. Can anyone confirm if you can use it on an Iphone 4? I’m struggling to find anywhere that confirms it is compatible.

Thanks again for everyone’s help.

Can't comment no those units, but I will *eventually* get around to installing my xcarlink unit (after I get my freakin' handbrake boot off, which I haven't had time to attack again in the last week). I'd recommend this as it doesn't have the playlist limitation like the EA1251B (but can use numbered playlists if you want), allows control from both the ipod and also the steering wheel controls, and charges ipods. Anecdotal evidence says is may not charge newer iphones though.
Team Beards
SegR

Postby Harrybob » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:01 pm

Will the Axxess AIP-CL-ID unit work with the McIntosh from a MY07 3.0 Spec B?
Harrybob

Car: MY07 Liberty 3.0R Spec.B

Postby fr250t » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:58 am

Harrybob wrote:Will the Axxess AIP-CL-ID unit work with the McIntosh from a MY07 3.0 Spec B?

Im keen on knowing this also too thanks guys.
Havnt taken out the McIntosh Unit, is the connection for the AUX the square type or circle?

Thanks.
fr250t

Car: MY07 GT Spec.B 6 Speed

Postby fr250t » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:23 am

I purchased the bellow unit and my head unit doesn't power up when its connected, read the thread for details....viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15173

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CLARION-EA12 ... 522wt_1163

Anyone have opinions on how to fix this??

Cheers.
fr250t

Postby wazza » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:03 pm

fr250t wrote:I purchased the bellow unit and my head unit doesn't power up when its connected, read the thread for details....viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15173

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CLARION-EA12 ... 522wt_1163

Anyone have opinions on how to fix this??

Cheers.

Had the same problem with mine, the response from the eBay seller was "Unfortunately there can be compatibility issues or the unit could be faulty" They gave me the option of returning for replacement or a credit.

After keeping up with this thread it seems like the Anycar or Axxess option is the best option.

My recommendation is to return your eBay purchase for a refund and get 1 of the above 2.
wazza

Postby SegR » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:27 pm

A few people have had recent problems getting various aux in types (so far, the xcarlink unit and the EA1251) to work on the MY07+ Mcintosh units. There don't seem to be issues with MY04-My06 head units so it's probable the interface changed in MY07. Just bear this in mind when buying any interface cable/box for the Mcintosh.
Team Beards
SegR

Postby fr250t » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:33 pm

SegR wrote:A few people have had recent problems getting various aux in types (so far, the xcarlink unit and the EA1251) to work on the MY07+ Mcintosh units. There don't seem to be issues with MY04-My06 head units so it's probable the interface changed in MY07. Just bear this in mind when buying any interface cable/box for the Mcintosh.

Thanks guys. The seller also gave me the option of a refund, think I'll do that and purchase one of the above mentioned.
Hopefully this info helps some ppl, I found it hard to find what was compatible with my unit.
Second time lucky hopefully !
fr250t

PreviousNext

Return to Audio options