McIntosh Climate Control into non-McIntosh

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

McIntosh Climate Control into non-McIntosh

Postby langridge49 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:00 pm

Hey guys

Been trying my best to search the forums for this answer, so apologies if it's already been answered.

Like many others, looking to upgrade the head unit/sound system in my 08 gen 4 wagon. Last one got written off by a friend, had the HU installed in the cubby, but way too difficult for me to do, so I'm going down the easier route of changing the main head unit.

Don't really want to shell out for the JDM kit, but I've found a McIntosh climate control and double din fascia on eBay for cheap (or at least, more affordable). The CC unit looks to be single zone (to my untrained eyes anyway), so I'm wondering if that will be a direct swap for the single zone of my non-McIntosh HU?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
langridge49

Car: 08 Liberty Wagon 2.5i

Re: McIntosh Climate Control into non-McIntosh

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:47 am

What do you mean by “last one got written off”?

Cubby installs are cool, is the kit for sale?
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Re: McIntosh Climate Control into non-McIntosh

Postby langridge49 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:34 am

My friend was driving it and crashed it. I had another Liberty wagon with a complete sound system (installed by the previous owner).

Cubby install would be sweet, but already facing the issue of the support bar behind it, although the Sony HU I'd be putting in is only single-DIN size at the back, double-DIN screen at the front. But also the issue of finding the right size vent surround.
langridge49

Car: 08 Liberty Wagon 2.5i

Return to Audio options