New head unit - current Premium stereo 2011 Liberty

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

New head unit - current Premium stereo 2011 Liberty

Postby DaveMurphy » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:33 pm

G’day all,

Have been searching a while now and haven’t been able to find an answer to put a new head unit into my 2011 Liberty which has the Premium DVD player/stereo etc.

All the sites that I have found, companies I have contacted only provide fascia and kits for the non-premium version.

I managed to get myself the standard fascia with pocket from the wreckers, but would still need the internal mounting brackets and silver plastic insert to go around the new head unit. Would also need the wiring kits etc to ensure the steering controls work etc.

Note that I have zero electrical experience so would need a pre-made kit ready to install, and some pretty decent instructions.

I have yet to purchase the new head unit as I was wanting to find out if it was possible to install before I spend the $$. Not too fussed on sound, rather am looking to upgrade due to the old Navigation system on the current head unit, Apple CarPlay will do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave
DaveMurphy

Car: 2011 Liberty Wagon

Re: New head unit - current Premium stereo 2011 Liberty

Postby LibertyTragic » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:11 pm

Perhaps this walk through will assist:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=35384
LibertyTragic

Car: 2009 Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36145

Re: New head unit - current Premium stereo 2011 Liberty

Postby sk3iron » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:06 am

Its been two years since viewtopic.php?f=22&t=35384, almost 3 years since viewtopic.php?f=22&t=35068 and then theres this poor bastard still attempting what seems like a complete mess to me on clubsub about a year ago https://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index. ... ent-653501

But with all of that whats changed? Theres ALOT of new units available on aliexpress (https://www.aliexpress.com/af/android-s ... -2011.html). Has anyone had any success with any of these chinese models? Anyone seen any RHD?
sk3iron

Car: 2011 Liberty GT

Return to Audio options