2011 GT HU issues

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

2011 GT HU issues

Postby GTbvz » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:24 am

The McIntosh head unit in my 2011 GT started to play up more than 9 months ago. It stopped working suddenly. The screen blacked out, none of the buttons on the control panel lit up. It did turn back on a couple of time when I was starting up the car in the following days. Then It was completely dead. AND it started to drain the car battery. The battery will not last for more than one day without driving. I checked the fuses, they were fine. I had to remove both fuses eventually to stop the battery drain.

Has anyone experienced similar problem with the McIntosh system? Any suggestions?
GTbvz

Car: Liberty GT 2011

Re: 2011 GT HU issues

Postby zack » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:39 am

hi mate,

i may have had similar issue. had radio running for 10mins. radio went dead, screen was flickering and couldn't start car.

RACV tested battery and it was fine but couldn't jump start.

2nd RACV guy came and jump started no problem. RACV guy said very strange but fingers crossed no issues starting or screen flickering since.
zack

Car: 2014 Liberty GT wagon

Postby GTbvz » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:59 am

Hi Zack,
Your car should still be under factory warranty right? Get Subaru to look at it if I were you.

It is ridiculously expensive to replace with a new one (from Subaru) and my 5 years extended warranty does not cover the head unit :(
GTbvz

Car: Liberty GT 2011

Postby zack » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:36 am

yes I should. I have 1 yr extended warranty but will need to read it in detail.

but consumer law should cover the head unit (surely)
zack

Car: 2014 Liberty GT wagon

Return to Audio options