Subwoofer for 08 suburu liberty heritage.

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Subwoofer for 08 suburu liberty heritage.

Postby p_vdv » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:53 am

Hi guys i think my woofer at the vack is gone. Where from can i get the speakers for the car. As in the mcintosh one and which one would be a replacement one. I saw a pioneer one in supercheap. Would that fit
p_vdv

Car: Suburu liberty 2008

Re: Subwoofer for 08 suburu liberty heritage.

Postby tom_kauf » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:26 am

p_vdv wrote:Hi guys i think my woofer at the vack is gone. Where from can i get the speakers for the car. As in the mcintosh one and which one would be a replacement one. I saw a pioneer one in supercheap. Would that fit

Second hand McIntosh ones are usually all blown as well (or about to go). You can try a wrecker but I tried one once, and he ended up realising all his Liberty Subs were no good. It's just because of the age of them.

So either get a new one from the dealer (which I've heard is crazy $$s). Or any aftermarket one will be fine. It obviously has to be 8" to fit the factory position, and shallow enough as well. But apart from having to cut the factory connector (which isn't hard, since it's only 2 wires), any brand is fine. I would just stick to a low power one, because the factory amp isn't that strong to properly drive a powerful sub.
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon

Postby Lane » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:57 am

Also make sure it is 4 ohm which any car specific driver will be, and go for as high a sensitivity rating you can find.

Having said that anything will sound better than the disintegrating foam surround worn out crap in there now, I'm about to go through the same process.
Lane

Car: BMW 335i & RSV4 Factory

Postby mihai » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:55 pm

One thing not mentioned is look for one designed for infinite baffle (IB) setup. (Ie one that is designed to work well without a box)
[New: MY11 FPV F6 | Winter White | Pioneer DEX-P99RS | Alpine PDX-F6 | Alpine PDX-M12 | JL Audio 12W7-AE ]
[Old: MY07 2.0R | Urban Grey | 5 MT | 6000k HID | LED | Alpine IVA-W502E | Alpine PDX1.1000 | Alpine PDX4.150 | JL Audio 12W7v3 | Focal KRX2 ]
mihai

Car: MY07 Liberty 2.0R + MY11 FPV F6

Return to Audio options