Poor FM reception gen4

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Poor FM reception gen4

Postby meiztom » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:39 pm

Have had a good search with no real answer as to why my FM reception is so bad. Have read it can be down to tint (but that mostly affects AM) and damage to antenna grid on window (of which I can see none). Any other ideas? Does anyone know where the antenna amplifier is located on the sedan so I can check connections? This can't of been how it was from factory...
meiztom

Re: Poor FM reception gen4

Postby spookytits » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:22 pm

Do you have a dashcam or any accessories like that connected?

When my dashcam is connected I get a really fuzzy signal. Took it out and in the process of connecting it a different way to see if that helps
spookytits
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3.0RB Sedan

Postby 77T » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:01 pm

I know this sounds really obvious but have you check the antenna connection at back of headunit?

My reception was bad too and upon removing the headunit I found the previous owner had some crappy fm modulator between the antenna plug and socket. Removed that junk and put it back to oem sounds perfect
77T

Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0R Sedan

Postby meiztom » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:52 pm

spookytits wrote:Do you have a dashcam or any accessories like that connected?

When my dashcam is connected I get a really fuzzy signal. Took it out and in the process of connecting it a different way to see if that helps

yeh worked out it's my dashcam. Now have to it without the static?!
meiztom

Postby tom_kauf » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:18 pm

For anyone else who has this issue, my Reverse Camera also produces a lot of radio noise. It's not as bad as DashCam etc, because the Reverse Camera is only on for a few seconds (and not during normal driving). But just fyi
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon

Return to Audio options