Video aux in for Sat Nav....

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Postby drewy1 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:48 pm

Hi Doctor,

The model i have is the kenwood sat-nav/dvd/bluetooth in dash unit, this unit is only released in the my08 2.5i Ltd. All other and previous models in the liberty with sat nav has a dvd rom drive under the passenger seat with is retro fitted in australia before delivery.

Drewy
drewy1

Postby Digital » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:54 am

atmurray wrote:I've got the MY08 Ltd Ed with sat nav and just had the dealer install the Audio Aux In for it. Unfortunately it's not working. I checked it out and the break out cable includes many other inputs and outputs including:
Video In/Out
Sub Out (which can be enabled/disabled and turned up/down via the nav)

I've posted some pics and what I've worked out the 24-pin connector on the back of the head unit to be here: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98042

Does anyone else have the Ltd Ed nav with Aux In? If so, any hints on what I have to do to get it working? There are a few unconnected wires on the aux break out cable, do any of these need to be grounded to enable the aux in?

Edit: I've worked it out, all documented here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?t=3505

Hi atmurray,

i had my installer mate call up subaru (he called two different dealers) and apparently they told im that such a plug (the 24 pin connector that allows sub out) does not exsist?? can you give me the details of the plug u got installed?

he said if he cant get one from the dealer, he'll have to find it elsewhere from car shops which is gonna be a bitch!

thanks
MY08 2.5i - Satin Pearl White - Sat Nav [TEAM WHITE]
Digital
-stickered-

Car: MY08 2.5i Sedan - TEAM WHITE
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5767&start=0

Postby atmurray » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:09 am

When I spoke to Subaru they told me the exact same thing as I think for the non-llimited ed head units this is probably true. The part number I have is is called "H0010AG100 Cord Convert" and was installed when I had the Aux In installed. I'll attach a picture of the installation instructions it came with.

http://www.atmurray.net/H0010AG100.jpg
atmurray

Postby Digital » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:07 pm

oh cheers mate...

so i would have to get the 'opitional accessory' aux in plug to be able to purchase this converter plug?? damn....
MY08 2.5i - Satin Pearl White - Sat Nav [TEAM WHITE]
Digital
-stickered-

Car: MY08 2.5i Sedan - TEAM WHITE
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5767&start=0

Postby atmurray » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:49 am

You could always add the needed pins to your existing connector. Hunt around and try and see if you can buy a connector with similar pins.
atmurray

Postby Doctor » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:06 pm

slight thread hack here, but i figured i started it...i can hack it....
After giving up in disgust....does anyone know where I can find the info that tells me what cable does what at the back of the HU in a NON GT Lib??? There are like 5 mulitpin connectors at the back of that thing

Plenty of stuff out there about the Macs...thats great but seriously unhelpful for a few of us....I've got the HU from a 06 2.0R. Therefore it has your usual CD, FM, AM choices along with CHR......I know this means changer...the changer isnt fitted....so I'm almost certain I can use this as an aux in....

I just need a way of finding out what cable does what....can I tell by checking voltage or resistance?????

Sorry...here endeth the rant.

Previous

Return to Audio options