Re-pin 20 pin connector

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re-pin 20 pin connector

Postby seanmau5 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:12 pm

So my cousin has asked for some assistance with the dodgy install this douchebag did on his Forester.. anyway the original 20 pin connector was cut off and the aftermarket harness 'hacked' in there with a steering wheel control module.

I've decided that to fix the problems, the original connector should be returned to its rightful location which will mean crimping new connectors and removing the old cut wires. Does anyone know what terminal connector I need for it and also the best tool to remove said cut wires?

Here's a couple of pictures to see what I'm working with.....
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Re: Re-pin 20 pin connector

Postby Bsoons » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:04 am

Sorry to hear about the hack job that was done,
I'm not sure if the connectors are the same but for my LGT wagon, the SWC was on an 8 pin plug (only 3 wires attached though)
If it were me and the stock 20 pin was cut off, I'd connect radio iso plugs to it. I realise that you won't be able to use the stock HU. But if your going aftermarket, it would make sense.

220px-ISO_10487_connector_pinout.svg.png
220px-ISO_10487_connector_pinout.svg.png (10.12 KiB) Viewed 4188 times
Bsoons

Car: '08 JDM Legacy GT Wagon

Re: Re-pin 20 pin connector

Postby seanmau5 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:05 pm

Been a long long while and I haven’t really done anything about this until tonight.... I was able to remove the pins attached to the cut wires from the plug.

I’m definitely going to re-pin the wiring and return the old plug to where it should be and use plug-n-play ISO harnesses to install the aftermarket head unit. I know it’s a very slim chance, but does anyone know where I might find these factory terminal pins?
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Return to Audio options