2003 subaru liberty GT headunit

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

2003 subaru liberty GT headunit

Postby Catchme » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:25 pm

I just need AUX/USB.

But i dont have a clue how to start this process

Go to jb hi fi buy a stereo thing but on my headunit, doesnt look like it would fit. Or the template doesnt allow that.
Is there a template for my car? If so, where can i buy one. :(

I dont know wnything about cars by the way, first time doing anything to a car. Dunno how to upload pictures on here either
Catchme

Re: 2003 subaru liberty GT headunit

Postby Bennis » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:03 pm

http://www.cushieaudio.com.au/brand/gro ... -usb3.html This is what you want if you want USB/aux in.

Otherwise you need to buy a "subaru AV panel set" to suit liberty/legacy/outback. You can find these on ebay or on JDM sites, but they run about $300. On top of that you need a stereo, be it single din + pocket or a double din.

Grom = cheaper but stock headunit

AV panel + headunit = expensive but more potential for aftermarket sound system

I have currently gone with the Grom in my outback and am just having a small issue with the firmware on it where it does not recognise the unit when turning the car on sometimes, which Grom are kindly writing new firmware to fix the issue. I got mine through Cushie audio and the tech support from Cushie and Grom have been outstanding (Cushie contacts Grom for you).

The grom is an excellent unit and produces pretty good sound through my stock Kenwood system, however if I had money to burn I would go the AV panel, and aftermarket headunit route purely for the ease of upgrading the sound system later on.
Bennis

Car: 3.0R Outback

Postby Bennis » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:05 pm

P.s. my whole post is assuming you have a gen4 liberty. If you have a gen3 liberty, you can use regular single din or double din headunits without having to buy an expensive av panel set.
Bennis

Car: 3.0R Outback

Postby Catchme » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:18 am

Bennis wrote:P.s. my whole post is assuming you have a gen4 liberty. If you have a gen3 liberty, you can use regular single din or double din headunits without having to buy an expensive av panel set.

Thank you for all your information.

I have a 2003 liberty GT gen4

Ill look around that grom cushie link you sent me. I hope this works well for me, i dont want to spend a lot.

Rather spend it on rims / sway bars / struts and coil overs, and upgrade turbo if
Possible for
My liberty then tune it. Assuming changing turbos is easy
Catchme

Return to Audio options