Aftermarket Head Unit and 6" Speakers

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Aftermarket Head Unit and 6" Speakers

Postby BickyNarron » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:46 pm

Hi Guys, First time posting in a forum other than my Introduction. I have had a look through the threads and cant find anything specific to what i need (if there is could you please point me in the right direction).
I own a 2005 3.0R Spec b currently stock with the Macintosh 6cd stacker and 12 speaker set up (4 in front door,1 in rear and 6x9 in the back. No sub or centre speaker)
I want to update the head unit to a double din with bluetooth and reverse cam, i understand i will need a Fascia kit and harness to plug into the stock wires as well as some RCA's. I am wondering if the stock Macintosh Amp under the passenger seat will work with a aftermarket head unit ?? The head unit i am looking at (Sony XAV-V630BT) has 2 Amp out connections on the back, I am hoping that the Macintosh amp will be able to be connected here, can anybody confirm that ??
Also the 6" front left speaker has blown, instead of trying to source Macintosh one will a aftermarket set of 6" speakers work that i can fit to both doors ?

I have installed stereos before on standard 4 speaker set ups nothing quite to this extent, any help will be greatly apprecaited

Cheers
BIcky Narron
BickyNarron

Car: Liberty 3.0R Spec B

Re: Aftermarket Head Unit and 6" Speakers

Postby Whitey » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:39 am

Have a look at this thread on LegacyGT. There are a heap of links off here that give all types of information on various setups.

I think this thread touches on speaker replacement too.

Here's a master thread of everything audio for Subarus - bear in mind, I got lost for hours on it.

Best of luck!
Whitey

Car: MY08 Liberty 2.5i

Re: Aftermarket Head Unit and 6" Speakers

Postby BickyNarron » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:14 am

Whitey wrote:Have a look at this thread on LegacyGT. There are a heap of links off here that give all types of information on various setups.

I think this thread touches on speaker replacement too.

Here's a master thread of everything audio for Subarus - bear in mind, I got lost for hours on it.

Best of luck!

Thanks Whitey will have a dig :D
BickyNarron

Car: Liberty 3.0R Spec B

Return to Audio options