Grom IPD3

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Grom IPD3

Postby Deeds » Fri May 13, 2016 2:52 pm

Hi All,

This is my first post but prior to posting I did the right thing and went through used the search function.

I was looking for a way to play music from my phone wirelessly whilst still maintaining steering wheel function. After much reading it seems the best option for my situation is to install a Grom IPD3 (cant use anycar link due to owning a 2008). This way I can hook it up via bluetooth and have it mounted without having to connect an AUX cord and fiddle with the phone every time I want to change the song.

I'm just looking for any advice as to whether its a good product (from someone that owns and operates one), if getting the BTD attachment for calls is worth it and where is the best/cheapest place to get one (Shipped to Sydney).

Cheers!
Deeds

Car: 2008 Tuned by STI

Re: Grom IPD3

Postby Jimmy2228 » Wed May 18, 2016 10:32 am

Hey mate,

I was in a similar situation as you a few months back. I bought the GROM BT3 with SUB08 data cable from Cushie Audio for $232 delivered to my door in Sydney. It came the next day too, I mounted mine in the top right pocket of the glovebox by removing it and drilling a hole for the loom to go through the back.

Works perfectly with steering wheel controls and the calls are crystal clear. I am actually surprised how well it works. If you leave your bluetooth turned on the car will automatically detect your phone every time you start up.
Jimmy2228

Car: 2008 GT-B Wagon

Re: Grom IPD3

Postby Deeds » Tue May 24, 2016 3:48 pm

Hey Jimmy,

Thanks for that, I'll definitely be looking into that.
Deeds

Car: 2008 Tuned by STI

Return to Audio options