how does anycar link work?

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

how does anycar link work?

Postby Deitikah » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:23 pm

I've looked through about 5 pages of threads and there's heaps of info on compatability and installation etc for the anycar link system, but I don't really understand how it works. Stuff about changing functions on the head unit, changing input devices etc all has me thoroughly confused. The company website was no help at all either.

Theoretically could I still listen to cds?
I probably only want to use the Bluetooth and usb features, can I use both at once? Eg listen to music on a usb drive then answer my phone?
To answer a call, do I have to use the phone itself or can I use a steering wheel button?
Can you sync more than 1 bluetooth device at a time?
To change eg from usb music to Bluetooth music do I change source on the head unit or the anylink unit?

Any other general usage advice would be appreciated too.
Deitikah

Car: my07 3.0R B Spec auto sedan

Re: how does anycar link work?

Postby HardwareBoB » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:56 am

Deitikah wrote:I've looked through about 5 pages of threads and there's heaps of info on compatability and installation etc for the anycar link system, but I don't really understand how it works. Stuff about changing functions on the head unit, changing input devices etc all has me thoroughly confused. The company website was no help at all either.

Theoretically could I still listen to cds?
I probably only want to use the Bluetooth and usb features, can I use both at once? Eg listen to music on a usb drive then answer my phone?
To answer a call, do I have to use the phone itself or can I use a steering wheel button?
Can you sync more than 1 bluetooth device at a time?
To change eg from usb music to Bluetooth music do I change source on the head unit or the anylink unit?

Any other general usage advice would be appreciated too.

* Aux button goes to anylink (because you have a post face - pre face you press 'CD' again to get to stacker)
* CD's still work the same
* BT and USB can be used at the same time - phone overrides USB/AUX
* You can use the phone or the stereo button - next track I beleieve answers the phone
* More than one device? not sure
* Changing sources on the anylink is automatic - there is no actual buttons/options on the unit itself.

I think that should cover it
HardwareBoB

Car: MY05 GT 5MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27514

Re: how does anycar link work?

Postby Deitikah » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:38 am

Thanks for the answers, they're very helpful :)
I was originally thinking about replacing the head unit but after research that seems to be far too expensive for now.
Deitikah

Car: my07 3.0R B Spec auto sedan

Return to Audio options