Macintosh Stacker Jammed

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Macintosh Stacker Jammed

Postby Egg » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:46 am

Was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem? My Stacker decided to shat itself and jam.

Took it back to Subaru and have since had a new unit replaced under warranty. I am still suss on using it as the excuse I was given was, Because I am Listening to burnt discs for mp3, the discs are suppused to be a fraction thinner than normal cd's and causes the system to jam.

So now I am paranoid on playing my discs and now I will only put 1 disc in at a time as I dont trust it now. Also had to pay 150 bucks for the aux jack for the ipod.

Thought they would have designed it a bit better than that for the price of the car I had to pay.

Any feedback would be great.
Egg

Car: MY07 Spec B Wagon Pearl white

Postby swingn » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:25 am

I haven't had my stacker jam on mine (Did in my SP23 - Twice!), but I'm onto my 3rd Mac head Unit. Had problems like skipping, not being able to read CD's & randomly turning off.

So far my current / latest one has been good.

Personally I can't see why using burnt CD's would cause any problems. I mean, the MY07's on (If I'm not mistaken???) had MP3 capability, so of course they would need to be able to read burnt CD's. I've always used burnt CD's in my cars & its never caused any dramas.
swingn
-stickered-

Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Postby senator » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:54 am

mines is ok, but i agree with you

when changing from cd to cd its sounds nasty, i try to avoiding doing it well driving.... sad but true.

Egg you only payed 150 for aux ................ they must have done you a deal since they were changing the headunit, cause that alone is around $400+ for the install.
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby stuntgirl » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:22 pm

i had the mac in my liberty replaced once under warranty for the same thing, discs jamming. i never got a reason why.
YOU WOULD BE COOLER IF YOU WERE ME!
stuntgirl

Postby Egg » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:50 pm

The current cd I have in there at the moment has been skipping randomly. But not all the time so Im hoping its just the cd. So I am just about to go to work now, ( bloody night shift) I will change the cd and see if there is any difference.

$400 bucks seems a bit steep for that aux plug. I bought an Ipod for the Mrs last week so we can use it when we go out. I think it might be a good idea to get myself one at a later date.

They also didnt say anything about the Genome mufflers on the back, I was a bit worried they were gonna say sonething about that but they didnt.
Egg

Car: MY07 Spec B Wagon Pearl white

Postby 04GT » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:31 pm

swingn wrote:Personally I can't see why using burnt CD's would cause any problems. I mean, the MY07's on (If I'm not mistaken???) had MP3 capability, so of course they would need to be able to read burnt CD's. I've always used burnt CD's in my cars & its never caused any dramas.

From what i've been told it makes the lens read a lot harder on burnt cds due to the thin layer or something along those lines
- GAZ Automotive -
- HKS Panel Filter, STi Radiator Cap, STi strut brace -
04GT

Postby Hobber » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:05 pm

senator wrote:Egg you only payed 150 for aux ................ they must have done you a deal since they were changing the headunit, cause that alone is around $400+ for the install.

Really? Only cost me $144 as an option on purchase....
Hobber

Car: MY10 GT Premium

Return to Audio options