Speaker size and door trim removal MY08

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Speaker size and door trim removal MY08

Postby SIMO888 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:02 am

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how to remove the door trims front and rear on an MY08. Yhe other thing I was wondering what are the speaker sizes in the front and rear doors please, also one last thing what people have replaced there's with and achieved quality sound

So far all ive replaced the rear parcel tray sub with a Kenwood 8'' sub which fit nicely
SIMO888

Car: iberty tuned by sti MY07

Re: Speaker size and door trim removal MY08

Postby Manaz » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:50 pm

SIMO888 wrote:Just wondering if anyone can tell me how to remove the door trims front and rear on an MY08. Yhe other thing I was wondering what are the speaker sizes in the front and rear doors please, also one last thing what people have replaced there's with and achieved quality sound

So far all ive replaced the rear parcel tray sub with a Kenwood 8'' sub which fit nicely

Which model Kenwood sub? Is that to replace the Macintosh one?
Manaz

Car: MY09 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22465

Re: Speaker size and door trim removal MY08

Postby andy_mac » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:57 pm

Need to pop the cover off behind the handle, has a small cutout but use something blunt. Used a screwdriver for mine a garked it up a bit. Similar process for the lower handle but took a bit more force to manoeuvre it off. Splits in the middle so the front half comes off. Almost the same process for the rear.
There's one screw behind each of the red circles. Then just slip you fingers between the door card and the door and give it a tug. Starting along the bottom. Just has some clips that pop off with a mild amount of force. Once they're all loose then slide the whole thing up to get over the window lip. Need to unclip the handle from the door card once its removed to get the card completely out of the way along with unplugging the connector for the electric window switch.

It'll then end up looking a bit like that.

Put some Polk MM series front components and MM series rear coaxials in mine along with a Infinity amp. Were 6.5" for both. To my mediocre ears they sound absolutly spot on. And have the power to still be crisp even if cranked right up.
2000 JDM Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD
2006 JDM Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon
2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness
andy_mac

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30298

Return to Audio options