8 inch in rear door

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

8 inch in rear door

Postby mattmcc22 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:21 pm

I have a pre facelift macintosh system. my speakers are starting to deteriate, particularly my front lower 6 inch speakers. I am very short on funds at the moment but it is getting to the point where it is too annoying to listen to music because of a constant buzz plus crackling at loud sounds. From what I can tell the macintosh amp needs 8 ohm speakers which seem to be fairly rare for cars. Luckily my uncle happened to have a set of 8ohm 8-inch triaxle speaker. I am wondering if I could put them in the rear doors, as looking they seem like they would have more spare room then the front. Then put the rear 6 inch speakers into the front door. Has anyone done this, does it seem doable? If it's not doable any other cheap alternatives, I would prefer not to buy speaker if I can avoid it until I can get nice ones and have a nice system. Otherwise I might just disconnect the speaker as a quick fix so I can still listen to music.
mattmcc22

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec B Sedan

Re: 8 inch in rear door

Postby mattmcc22 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:58 am

Rain finally cleared, no chance of the speakers fitting without major cutting etc. :(
mattmcc22

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec B Sedan

Return to Audio options