Interference noise.....still!!

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Interference noise.....still!!

Postby Phoenixx » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:34 pm

Hey.

So my system is as follows. Stock head unit in a Pre FL 04 2.5i. High-lo adaptors from head unit to RCAs to power Option audio OAK75 with aftermarket wiring to fusion splits front, sony rear fill speakers. Second set of RCAs to a Option audio OAK300 apm to a boot mounted JVC drivn sub.
Amps are powered by stinger 4guage wiring to a 1 in 2 out splitter for the two amps. Stinger RCSs. 12g speaker wiring. 4g earthing wires which are to separate earthing points. I have recently put in 2 noise isolators inline on the rcas for the speakers. I have pulled the wiring system apart several times now and i have run all wiring as far apart as possible. I STILL have noise in the system. I am after any ideas at all. I am willing to try anything at this point. I still have to run the two earths to the same point because its been suggested that it might help. Other then that i am at a loss.

All suggestions welcome.
Adding power makes you faster on the straights, while subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23475
Phoenixx

Car: MY04 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23475

Re: Interference noise.....still!!

Postby bigBADbenny » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:43 pm

Are you getting the interference on all speakers or on a certain group or pair?
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby Phoenixx » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:47 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:Are you getting the interference on all speakers or on a certain group or pair?

Yeah thats a good question. I haven't actually checked that out. I will and let you know asap.
Adding power makes you faster on the straights, while subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23475
Phoenixx

Car: MY04 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23475

Postby bigBADbenny » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:01 pm

Maybe ground loop isolators are required on the wiring from the stock amp to the high inputs of the power amp?

Eg: "solder the shield of the cores to the 100nF capacitor and then connect that to ground. This is just to prevent any ground loop interference."

Is the chassis of the new amp (or eg the high/low adapters) also grounded?

If there is a seperate gain setting on the new amp is it at the appropriate level?
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Return to Audio options