Gen 5 and Pioneer AVH-X8650BT

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Gen 5 and Pioneer AVH-X8650BT

Postby Pixor » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:47 pm

Hi Folks,

I've just picked up my MY10 Gen5 Liberty sedan from the dealer, and realised there's no bluetooth :oops:

I've managed to convince myself that getting a Pioneer AVH-X8650BT would be a good idea, as it can use Apple Carplay to do Nav and Siri hands free. Does anyone have any experience with replacing head units in the Gen5 (basic 6CD unit, not McIntosh)? Would I just need a new fascia piece and a wiring harness, as I think Autobahn sell these?

The best price I've found for the head unit is here:-
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pioneer-AVH- ... 3ceb8bc854

Thanks, Mike.
Cheers, Mike.
Pixor

Car: MY10 Liberty Premium sedan

Re: Gen 5 and Pioneer AVH-X8650BT

Postby Gen5is » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:58 pm

New fascia piece can be found on japanparts.com, little bit expensive but worth the factory fitment and look. I'm also sure that its cheaper than buying from your local stealership.

As for the wiring, I did supply a harness to my audio guy, but it didnt work and they pretty much just cut the factory wiring and wired it up to the pioneer plug.

If you've got steering wheel audio controls invest in an Axxcess AWSC-1, this thing keeps the steering wheel controls from being redundant.
Gen5is

Car: MY12 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22586

Re: Gen 5 and Pioneer AVH-X8650BT

Postby cptviper » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:22 am

I did the same thing, bought the car (2009/MY10 Liberty Sports Premium, with basic 6 stack HU) not realising it didn't have bluetooth or USB.

You can get the factory media hub module for it part no. H621SAJ300
Runs about $500 stealership price or about US$299/AU$360 on ebay US.

I'm hoping to pick one up cheap that the parts dept have had sitting around for a while and want to get rid of. Got a guy looking in their stock currently.
cptviper

Car: MY10 Liberty Sports Premium 2.5i

Return to Audio options