Dismantle not destroy :-/

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Dismantle not destroy :-/

Postby GREyGhost » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:56 pm

Could someone please either instruct or direct me to a thread with pics or details how to dismantle center console on 07 b spec to install factory AUX cable?

Ive gotten as far as removing gear stick boot, handbrake boot and trim around the head unit, cant seem to work out how to pull the center piece apart? I feel stupid asking but it just feels like im going to break something :cry:
GREyGhost

Car: 07 3.0 bspec sedan

Re: Dismantle not destroy :-/

Postby brainy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:06 pm

Have you taken off the screws?
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
brainy

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B

Postby Flat6Estate » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:40 pm

2 screws under gear shifter boot (if you've got a manual)
Run the seats forward and find 1 cap on either side towards the back of the console
Remove caps, remove screws
It also clips together at the screws near the gear shifter. So you need to uncool it after you've undone the screws.
MY08 Spec B 3.0L Manual Wagon
1998 Yamaha YZF600R Thundercat - a bit broken :-o
Flat6Estate
formerly Timbo_rs2500

Car: 2007 MY08 Liberty Wagon 3RB 6spd
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32189&p=425885#p425885

Postby GREyGhost » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:03 pm

I've taken the two easily visible screws under the shifter boot, but didn't know about the clips towards the back of the console.

As for the clips at the front, I can see the white clips but can't separate the halves to dismantle.

I'll go out now and look for the rear clips though
GREyGhost

Postby Brunsy3.0 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:33 pm

I didnt think it was screwed down at the front. Those two screws hold the black trims that go each side of the headunit down the sides and are clipped together where the screws are. I recall only being 2 screws at the rear of the centre trim that have a 10mm hex head and are covered by two black covers as mentioned
Then there are two white clips at the front that are vertically clipped in under where the SI Drive switch each to each side. Also a black clip under the shifter boot that needs to be pulled up as the entire piece is unclipped it wont budge without pulling this up. Goodluck its easy as any questions jump back on
....THE WHITEWASH....
Brunsy3.0

Car: 07 3.0 Liberty Spec. B pearl white
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21059

Postby GREyGhost » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:28 pm

Brunsy3.0 wrote:I didnt think it was screwed down at the front. Those two screws hold the black trims that go each side of the headunit down the sides and are clipped together where the screws are. I recall only being 2 screws at the rear of the centre trim that have a 10mm hex head and are covered by two black covers as mentioned
Then there are two white clips at the front that are vertically clipped in under where the SI Drive switch each to each side. Also a black clip under the shifter boot that needs to be pulled up as the entire piece is unclipped it wont budge without pulling this up. Goodluck its easy as any questions jump back on

So I have located the rear 10mm bolts, but they are not the problem, Its the white clip (or clips I can only see one on the right) that seems to be halting my progress, it seems that you need to slide the clips out from the side but cant because its being blocked by another piece? I see the one tab and clip to the left under the shifter, that's not the problem its something to do with the front portion of the assembly. I know im missing something simple here but its frustrating.......
GREyGhost

Postby Brunsy3.0 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:14 pm

There is a white clip under right next to the handbrake part and one on opposite side. They pull vertically up no sideways nonsense takes a fair amount of effort
....THE WHITEWASH....
Brunsy3.0

Car: 07 3.0 Liberty Spec. B pearl white
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21059

Postby GREyGhost » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:27 pm

Got it sorted, but it definitely requires the unit to slide to the left, it was a massive pain in the ass but got the cable installed and it's all working beautifully :) thanks everybody for your help
GREyGhost

Return to Audio options