MY04-06 Mcintosh: aux in?

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re: MY04-06 Mcintosh: aux in?

Postby SegR » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:43 am

That's it. I bought mine from Sydney installers. See my thread on it here. Be aware some people reported older models of it charging newer iphones. Maybe ask whomever you buy it from about that.

As long is yet have the Mcintosh I expect it should work for your model but I'm no expert. That said if the axxess model suits it, this should too as it uses the same clarion interface.
Team Beards
Beards Don't Kill People, People With Beards Kill People.
SegR

Car: MY05 3.0R sedan, black
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14605

Postby edy80y » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:54 am

SegR wrote:That's it. I bought mine from Sydney installers. See my thread on it here. Be aware some people reported older models of it charging newer iphones. Maybe ask whomever you buy it from about that.

As long is yet have the Mcintosh I expect it should work for your model but I'm no expert. That said if the axxess model suits it, this should too as it uses the same clarion interface.

Thanks for the update. I just purchased the Suzuki model as per your thread.

Now i will have something to do over the xmas/ny break!!
edy80y

Car: 2008 MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B

Postby SegR » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:17 pm

Good luck with the install / how'd it go?
Team Beards
SegR

Postby edy80y » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:23 pm

Should arrive tomorrow, and i hope i can get some time to install it this weekend.

Given that i haven't pulled the dash out of my car before, how long should it take? 2-3 hrs?
edy80y

Postby SegR » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:20 pm

1hr if you're lucky or experienced, 3 with lots of swearing if not and a golden retriever you don't know jumps in your car when you're not looking and wants to stay there.

Plan ahead, work out where you want to mount the interface box, how you will secure it, where and how you will run the cables and have all necessary tools at hand.

Be gentle with the dash vinyl. Be rough (short sharp and hard) with anything plastic clipped into something else, except the thin trim bits to left and right of stereo. If you don't have a trim removal kit, cover flat screwdrivers with a rag before levering anything to avoid damage.

I don't know about the 08 model but I had to remove handbrake boot, centre console/armrest, AT surround ring and woodgrain trim pieces to unbolt the stereo. Also needed to unplug hazard switch and aircon controls to get stereo out far enough. Technically you should do all of this with battery disconnected.
Team Beards
SegR

Postby edy80y » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:50 am

Thanks, I managed to pull the HU out very easily.

I plugged the xcarlink to the back of the HU and switched on the car to test and my HU won't turn on and my navigation screen flicks on and off every second.

When I unplug the xcarlink everything is sweet.

My HU is PF-2824I
edy80y

Postby edy80y » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:48 am

So i contacted Sydney Installers and they suggested that i unhook the battery for 30sec then reconnect to reset everything.

Unfortunately that didn't work, so I'm wondering if anyone else had any ideas??
edy80y

Postby SegR » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:03 pm

Hmm that's a shit :-(

Can anyone else confirm a working xcarlink, anycarlink or axxess cable on an '08 McIntosh stereo?
Team Beards
SegR

Postby edy80y » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:15 pm

The onsite installer came past earlier to see my issue and confirmed that the Suzuki (Clarion) xcarlink will not work on my MY08 GTB (the fact that it works on SegR's must be a fluke).

He then suggested that the Parrot MKi 9200 can be installed and be used for music through iPhone but the sub/centre speaker won't work unless he can get the parrot to connect directly to my factory amp.

So i looked through the forums and it appears as though someone has come up with a solution, but is more than double the price of the xcarlink (including the Parrot)

Basically, i think i need to get the subaru aux cable installed to my McIntosh HU, then i have to buy a special harness from here

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... OC:AU:1123

and then get the parrot hooked up so that all speakers can be used.

Parrot = $397
Harness from ebay = $100
Subaru Aux cable = $120

Thats approx $620!!

Looks like i might stick to burning MP3s to CD for now. I don't really want to install an aftermarket HU, i like the look of my dash.
edy80y

Postby SegR » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:28 pm

The xcarlink is definitely fine for the McIntosh in the '05 lib - multiple people have had it working (Sydney Installers told me the same).

I'd suspect your HU is different to the '05 model. Can you play MP3 files from CD? If so, it's definitely different hence why the xcarlink doesn't work (and probably the axxess cable and others won't work either).
Team Beards
SegR

Postby edy80y » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:47 pm

SegR wrote:The xcarlink is definitely fine for the McIntosh in the '05 lib - multiple people have had it working (Sydney Installers told me the same).

I'd suspect your HU is different to the '05 model. Can you play MP3 files from CD? If so, it's definitely different hence why the xcarlink doesn't work (and probably the axxess cable and others won't work either).

yeah i can listen to MP3s off cd, so i guess you are right.

Im doing the ring around now to find out if any car audio stores can provide a solution. Ill keep this thread up to date with anything interesting.
edy80y

Postby kikxz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:06 am

Hey guys ive bought my liberty with the Aux in already built in it was working fine for a while but now im only getting sound through the line in and ipod connection only to the right hand side of the car (CD and Radio work fine L + R), could this be a loose connection somewhere if it has an RCA connection im not exactly sure what model connection or what model aux in i have LOL im troubleshooting backwards
kikxz

Car: MY06 GTSTI

MY04-06 Mcintosh: aux in?

Postby Shadow110 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:41 pm

kikxz wrote:Hey guys ive bought my liberty with the Aux in already built in it was working fine for a while but now im only getting sound through the line in and ipod connection only to the right hand side of the car (CD and Radio work fine L + R), could this be a loose connection somewhere if it has an RCA connection im not exactly sure what model connection or what model aux in i have LOL im troubleshooting backwards

Have you tried it with a new cable? They do fail...
LIBERTY 2.5I PREMIUM IN BLAAAACK...
Shadow110

Car: 2008 Liberty 2.5i Premium

Postby kikxz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:23 pm

Shadow110 wrote:
kikxz wrote:Hey guys ive bought my liberty with the Aux in already built in it was working fine for a while but now im only getting sound through the line in and ipod connection only to the right hand side of the car (CD and Radio work fine L + R), could this be a loose connection somewhere if it has an RCA connection im not exactly sure what model connection or what model aux in i have LOL im troubleshooting backwards

Have you tried it with a new cable? They do fail...

No i havnt yet im just seeing if the problem might be a connection before i go through the next options of possibly changing the unit or cable etc ive emailed the previous owner of the car to see if he can remember which one he installed
kikxz

Car: MY06 GTSTI

Postby wouldrow » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:41 pm

i bought the Axxcess ipod and 3.5mm input cable from ebay... arrived within a week. I have been using it for a year with no troubles. It charges my iPhone too.
wouldrow

Car: 2006 Liberty 3.0r

PreviousNext

Return to Audio options