Changing MY07 McIntosh head unit with aftermarket Pioneer

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re: Changing MY07 McIntosh head unit with aftermarket Pionee

Postby FXD » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:40 pm

Great, thanks very much for the info! I had figured it out by looking at other posts and figuring out the colours, but your post has just confirmed what I thought was the case.

Grey/Red stripe on the ASWC goes to pin 3 on the Metra harness, which connects to the Violet/White wire on the car.

White/Green stripe on the ASWC goes to ground.

Pin 9 on the harness goes to ground, which connects to Orange/White on the car.

Can't believe there is info for the 20-pin out there but none for the 14-pin. Guess it's pretty straight forward once you realise how it all works.

I cross referenced the colours with these instructions for 8-pin and 20-pin (but ignore the pin numbers) to figure it out.

http://contentdocs.installernet.com/doc ... /10988.pdf

http://ae64.com/aswc-install.htm (Variation "A")

These posts from SVXdc also helped:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=16940&p=233328&hilit=aswc&sid=f05ac1b826842842606ab140602ec882#p233328

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=16264&start=45
FXD

Car: 2007 Liberty 3.0R Spec B

Postby FXD » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:33 pm

Well I finally got around to installing all the stuff into my car. After watching a few YouTube tutorials, and reading through mihai's guide on how to install an amp under the seat, I managed to nut it out and put everything in. Super happy with the result. Not too sure I tuned the amp as best it could, might have to get someone with more knowledge to have a look at that soon. Going to hook up a reversing camera very soon as well.

The headunit's Bluetooth fried a couple of years ago, so I'm just waiting to see how this whole CarPlay thing pans out. The Pioneer SPHDA120 and Alpine ILX-007 are on my radar. The Pioneer has more features besides just CarPlay, but the Alpine's screen is better and has a WiFi chip built in, so when Apple make wireless CarPlay that might be the winner.

FXD

Car: 2007 Liberty 3.0R Spec B

Postby zoliberty » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:58 pm

If I want to skip the amp for now, will a single din Alpine HU be adequate to run the 4 speakers temporarily?
zoliberty

Car: Liberty MY07 Spec.B 3l

Previous

Return to Audio options