Sound System - Lacking Bass!!!

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Sound System - Lacking Bass!!!

Postby Digital » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:28 pm

Hey guys,

Just joined the forum, picked up my MY08 Liberty 2.5i on Monday night and I am absolutely loving it! Smile from ear to ear, and I'm actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow because of the drive in! =)

Quick question, I have the Subaru fitted Sat Nav / DVD player in my car and I am finding that the stock stereo is pretty average. There isn't much, if any bass at all when I'm playing MP3s... there is a LITTLE when I chuck on a DVD... I figured it was all in the settings but I've played with the settings, doesnt seem to be a bass option... will have to read a little harder in the manual but was wondering if any of you guys had the same problem?

I drove a company 2006 Honda Jazz for my last job and that system pumped way louder then this!! This can't be right!

Thanks in advance!
:roll:
Digital
-stickered-

Car: MY08 2.5i Sedan - TEAM WHITE
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5767&start=0

Postby Mano™ » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:54 pm

Hey mate.. not sure? maybe take it back and get them to check it? could possibly be an amp problem? casue it should be pretty decent.. doubt there much diff between the MY08 and MY06..
Mano™
-stickered-

Car: MY06 Liberty GT

Postby Digital » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:39 pm

thanks for replying mate....

i havent had much luck playing with the settings. the system with the sat nav doesnt give u a option to adjust bass...

i dont think its an amp problem as the speakers seem to work fine for higher frequencies etc
Digital
-stickered-

Postby Mano™ » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:29 pm

Have you been to subaru yet?? it's still under warrenty?!

Tomorrow im getting x2 new sensors as well as new amp installed back in mine, under warrenty :)
Mano™
-stickered-

Car: MY06 Liberty GT

Postby NoOzL47 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:18 pm

LI81TY wrote:Hey mate.. not sure? maybe take it back and get them to check it? could possibly be an amp problem? casue it should be pretty decent.. doubt there much diff between the MY08 and MY06..

there isnt an amp in the 2.5i

i had the same issue when i first got my 2.5i.... ask anyone whos heard my system, i fixed the problem :P

SPL Personal Best: 142.9dB - Youngy Jeezy ft USDA - White Girls
NoOzL47
-stickered-

Car: Screaming 3.0RB

Postby Digital » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:01 pm

yep still under warranty shes like 1 week old =) i havent been back yet havent had a chance....still trying to solve the problem....

NoOzL47 care to enlighten us please? =)

EDIT sorry didnt read your sig LOL thought u found a simple solution... guess im going sub shopping! how hard would it be to wire the baby up to the factory HU and sat nav?
Digital
-stickered-

Postby NoOzL47 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:32 pm

Digital wrote:yep still under warranty shes like 1 week old =) i havent been back yet havent had a chance....still trying to solve the problem....

EDIT sorry didnt read your sig LOL thought u found a simple solution... guess im going sub shopping! how hard would it be to wire the baby up to the factory HU and sat nav?

if you get an amp with high level input or a high level converter its easy to do mate,

what state are you in? if you need a hand in the future im more than willing to help

SPL Personal Best: 142.9dB - Youngy Jeezy ft USDA - White Girls
NoOzL47
-stickered-

Car: Screaming 3.0RB

Postby invigrr8 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:31 pm

hi mate

i just picked my lib08 last week too with the sat nav...and the bass isn't great at all!!!

theres not option to adjust the treble and bass... i think we have to play around with the equaliser to get what you prefer, but it is really fiddly and theres only 4 bands for you to tweak.

try putting the surround music option on, it helped a bit.

Does anyone here have any equaliser settings that have worked for them. Something that ups the bass and treble a little bit.

Thanks
invigrr8
formerly invigorazn

Postby Digital » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:20 pm

NoOzL47 wrote:
Digital wrote:yep still under warranty shes like 1 week old =) i havent been back yet havent had a chance....still trying to solve the problem....

if you get an amp with high level input or a high level converter its easy to do mate,

what state are you in? if you need a hand in the future im more than willing to help

im in melbourne mate, thanks for the info i will have a look out for one
Digital
-stickered-

Postby Digital » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:24 pm

invigorazn wrote:hi mate

i just picked my lib08 last week too with the sat nav...and the bass isn't great at all!!!

theres not option to adjust the treble and bass... i think we have to play around with the equaliser to get what you prefer, but it is really fiddly and theres only 4 bands for you to tweak.

Does anyone here have any equaliser settings that have worked for them. Something that ups the bass and treble a little bit.

Thanks

oh yes someone with the EXACT same problem!! yeah in the manual for the normal stereo without the sat nav there is an option to adjust bass but for ours there is just frequency, gain and another which i cant remember atm.... and i agree very fiddly...

i am wondering if there is a sub-out on the HU because in the menu there is an option to turn on the sub... so if we cant fix the settings we might have to get a sub....

with mine i find the treble is fine, its just lacking half decent bass.... you would think for a 35+ K car, the speakers would be half decent?
Digital
-stickered-

Postby invigrr8 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:36 pm

Digital wrote:
invigorazn wrote:hi mate

Thanks

oh yes someone with the EXACT same problem!! yeah in the manual for the normal stereo without the sat nav there is an option to adjust bass but for ours there is just frequency, gain and another which i cant remember atm.... and i agree very fiddly...

i am wondering if there is a sub-out on the HU because in the menu there is an option to turn on the sub... so if we cant fix the settings we might have to get a sub....

with mine i find the treble is fine, its just lacking half decent bass.... you would think for a 35+ K car, the speakers would be half decent?

Digital,

Please let me know if theres a sub out on the back of the head unit. I am also dieing to get a little much punch out of the speakers. I have noticed however you can't put speakers on the parcel shelf at the back because of the metal sheeting underneath it. BUT theres a hole about 8" for a free air subwoofer.

Will let you know if I find any equaliser tweaks.

Does anybody have a good audio setup in terms of replacing the speakers for this car? I'm thinking of getting splits for the front and something for the rears. Any suggestions?

Thanks
invigrr8
formerly invigorazn

Return to Audio options