My In-Dash Nexus 7 Project

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re: My In-Dash Nexus 7 Project

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Tue May 03, 2016 6:53 pm

Hey everyone

Some sad news came to light today for those who do not know Chris Statton personally. He unfortunately passed away on the weekend, leaving behind his wife and 2yr old daughter

For anyone that has ever used this guide, I hope that you could contribute $5 to a gofundme page I have setup for him for Subaru owners to help his wife financially:
https://www.gofundme.com/22achv9g
All money will be going to Jo Statton later this month :)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby Monkey » Wed May 04, 2016 10:13 am

KiDo_Tuning wrote:Hey everyone

Some sad news came to light today for those who do not know Chris Statton personally. He unfortunately passed away on the weekend, leaving behind his wife and 2yr old daughter

For anyone that has ever used this guide, I hope that you could contribute $5 to a gofundme page I have setup for him for Subaru owners to help his wife financially:
https://www.gofundme.com/22achv9g
All money will be going to Jo Statton later this month :)

Done!
Good on your for organising Matt. I didn't know Chris, but his write ups in installing my Nexus were great. Wishing his family all the best.
Monkey

Car: MY07 black 6MT Liberty tbSTI sedan

Postby seanmau5 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:41 am

Does anyone want a relocation kit to suit pre facelift? Part #H0017AG930

Edit - shocked to read about Chris. He helped me out right back in the very early days of the Nexus installs. Sorry to hear he left a wife and kids behind too, can't begin to imagine what they're going through.
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Postby andy_mac » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:38 pm

So having a few issues with the Nexus setup. Charging seems rather slow. Seems to randomly jump between about 300mA and 850mA and can't work out why. Would have thought if it was limited by the cable size it would just stay consistantly low. And the other issue is whenever the car is turned on after being off for a day or so the tablet starts up out of FI mode and needs to be rebooted to get back into FI mode.
Anyone had something similar or know what the issue could be?
Thinking about getting some other larger diameter cables and making up a new wiring setup but would prefer not to if its not gonna make any difference.
2000 JDM Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD
2006 JDM Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon
2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness
andy_mac

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30298

Postby seanmau5 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:56 pm

andy_mac wrote:So having a few issues with the Nexus setup. Charging seems rather slow. Seems to randomly jump between about 300mA and 850mA and can't work out why. Would have thought if it was limited by the cable size it would just stay consistantly low. And the other issue is whenever the car is turned on after being off for a day or so the tablet starts up out of FI mode and needs to be rebooted to get back into FI mode.
Anyone had something similar or know what the issue could be?
Thinking about getting some other larger diameter cables and making up a new wiring setup but would prefer not to if its not gonna make any difference.

I don't know if you have worked this out yet or not but I'd suggest replacing your OTG cable. Charging issues combined with FI mode issues leads me to believe it could be that. Both instances are dependant on the OTG cable.
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Postby BMCracer » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:57 am

Fairly new around here, but enjoying reading all the threads, and soaking up the wealth on info, especially the tech / geek stuff, cos I'm not that great with working out some of that stuff. So, a few questions if you don't mind.

I've just picked up a 2013 Nexus 7, and sorting out the other bits and pieces I need for an install. Looking at the Behringer UCA202, there seem to be some letters afterwards, like UCA202 SP, or UCA202 PK, also NY, AE, and CV. What do these 2 letters mean? Are any of these units going to work for me, or do I need to get a particular one?

I'm planning on / want to run:
Nexus 7 2013 with Timors' Rom
Behringer UCA202
USB OTG Y cable
Reversing camera - do I need the 4 port USB hub for this? or can I plug the camera ( either a USB camera, or with a UVC capture device to convert from RCA to USB ) into the spare normal size female socket on the USB OTG Y cable?
BtSsm, with a Tactrix cable rather than bluetooth.

Not sure yet about the DC-DC USB power supply? If I understand it correctly, this would get its' feed from 12V somewhere on the car ( cig lighter? ) and the output ( USB ) would feed the 4 port USB hub if running one, or if not, then the USB OTG Y cable.

My car is a NZ new ( so ADM model ) 2007 facelift 3.0 RB wagon. It has the Macintosh stereo with lots of speakers and steering wheel controls, all completely stock. Not sure the exact stereo model, how can I find that out short of pulling the dash / centre console to bits to pull the stereo out to check for a sticker on the back?

It seems that the Electric Design FSL-21 McIntosh AUX in unit is no longer available, so what is the current unit of choice?

Thanks in advance.
2007 NZ new 3.0 Spec B 5EAT wagon in Brilliant Silver 39D
BMCracer

Car: NZDM MY07 3.0R Spec B 5eat Wgn

Previous

Return to Audio options