My In-Dash Nexus 7 Project

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re: My In-Dash Nexus 7 Project

Postby Statts » Tue May 21, 2013 8:55 am

pgardiye wrote:Yep ordered an OTG Y cable yesterday, hopefully I will get it this week :D

Statts wrote:Hence my question as to what OTG cable you were using :D

Glad you sorted it out. DCDC-USB is not a definite necessity. You can try the power supply you have, and get an OTG cable that will work in-line with what you have. Straight OTG cables aren't common with Micro-F to Micro-M, so why not grab a USB OTG y-cable as that has the ends you want and will allow you to add storage or other USB accessories down the track if you so wish.

Cool. Hopefully this sorts your issue.
MY06 3.0R-B
Cusco bars & links, AVO mounts, JSpeed LCA bushes
Prova intake, HKS resonator trumpet, HKS panel filter
E85 KiDo tuned
Statts

Car: 05 3.0R-B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14975

Postby NhojM » Tue May 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi Statts,

I've just sent you a PM and proposition to help me out with my setup, as my sat Nav facia has jsu arrived.

To be honest I hate asking, but acknowledge that I'm a technical dickhead. Not pissing in your pocket mate but there's literally no one in Brissie with your knowledge on this type of stuff, trust me I’ve phoned nearly every car audio shop in town to avoid having to ask someone to help :(

Cheers,

John
NhojM

Car: Liberty GT

Postby pgardiye » Tue May 21, 2013 4:50 pm

Hey John,

If you want list down what issues you are facing, and I will try help you out. Like Statts said, you need to do bit of research on this though. Lots of work involved and not as easy as you see. But feel free to tell us what issues you are experiencing and I will try my best to share my knowledge. :D

NhojM wrote:Hi Statts,

I've just sent you a PM and proposition to help me out with my setup, as my sat Nav facia has jsu arrived.

To be honest I hate asking, but acknowledge that I'm a technical dickhead. Not pissing in your pocket mate but there's literally no one in Brissie with your knowledge on this type of stuff, trust me I’ve phoned nearly every car audio shop in town to avoid having to ask someone to help :(

Cheers,

John
pgardiye

Car: Liberty

Postby Statts » Tue May 21, 2013 4:58 pm

NhojM wrote:Hi Statts,

Cheers,

John

No PM received add yet....
MY06 3.0R-B
Cusco bars & links, AVO mounts, JSpeed LCA bushes
Prova intake, HKS resonator trumpet, HKS panel filter
E85 KiDo tuned
Statts

Car: 05 3.0R-B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14975

Postby NhojM » Tue May 21, 2013 6:36 pm

sorry message seems to be hanging in my outbox :D
NhojM

Postby NhojM » Tue May 21, 2013 6:39 pm

Hi Statts,

My Sat Nav facia has just arrived, I was wondering if i could take you up on your offer to flash/setup (Nexus 7 with Timur's USB-ROM)
for me?

If your willing, I could transfered $$ into your nominated bank account for you to buy the Nexus 7 over there to avoid double freighting and minimise down time. I'm more than happy to to pay you for your time and efforts mate. This would only be fair!

Where did you get the Subaru Info Panel Relocation Kit from, phoned Subaru and was told there's not such thing for my MY07 Liberty GT

For my simple needs I'm only using the Nexus Tablet for Google Maps andTorque App and internet if and when required.

I'm not going to play movies or music or need to connect USB devices.

Any chance you could advise how the following componets connect?

Can I buy any of the below instore like Dick Smith or Jacar?

Electric Design FSL-21 McIntosh AUX in unit (assume this is defiantley required to run sound though my Mcintosh system)
Mini-Box DCDC-USB Power Supply (can I buy this instore or only online)
USB OTG Y-Cable (is this required for my setup and needs meentioned above?)
Behringer USB DAC (what is a DAC and do need this for my setup?)
4-port USB Hub (assume this is only required for connect devices, if required)

Look forward to hearing back from you

Cheers,
John
NhojM

Postby NhojM » Tue May 21, 2013 6:46 pm

thanks pgardiye that's the great thing about this forum, we can all share our knowledge and expertise across so many different topics

Cheers,
John
NhojM

Postby wcefan » Tue May 21, 2013 6:49 pm

NhojM wrote:
Where did you get the Subaru Info Panel Relocation Kit from, phoned Subaru and was told there's not such thing for my MY07 Liberty GT

Info Panel Relocation Kit (japanparts number: 107-203-001) you can get from here (scroll about half way down): http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist. ... =13&page=3

Does your stereo come with AUX in? or do you have the button for it on your stereo? If so, you don't need the FSL-21, you just need the AUX cable from Subaru.
wcefan

Car: MY06 Liberty GT tbSTI #25

Postby pgardiye » Tue May 21, 2013 6:52 pm

If your stereo have the AUX Button then you can wire existing pin. Mine doesn't have a mcintosh system. I have a 2007 stock stereo with AUX input. However AUX isn't connected, so you have to wire up existing connector at the back and can use 3.5mm jack to get audio from nexus. Sound quality is pretty good and I'm happy with the setup :D

wcefan wrote:
NhojM wrote:

Info Panel Relocation Kit (japanparts number: 107-203-001) you can get from here (scroll about half way down): http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist. ... =13&page=3

Does your stereo come with AUX in? or do you have the button for it on your stereo? If so, you don't need the FSL-21, you just need the AUX cable from Subaru.
pgardiye

Postby wcefan » Tue May 21, 2013 7:00 pm

Hey Statts,

You may have missed my earlier post about this.

How is the angle of the tablet? and do you get much sunlight glare? Considering using my Nexus 7 for it.

Also would you mind measuring the Length and Width of the opening of that AV Panel Kit for me? Starting to plan my install and it would really help.

Cheers man.
wcefan

Postby NhojM » Tue May 21, 2013 7:05 pm

pgardiye wrote:If your stereo have the AUX Button then you can wire existing pin. Mine doesn't have a mcintosh system. I have a 2007 stock stereo with AUX input. However AUX isn't connected, so you have to wire up existing connector at the back and can use 3.5mm jack to get audio from nexus. Sound quality is pretty good and I'm happy with the setup :D

wcefan wrote:
NhojM wrote:

My has a aux button on the stereo, so I don't need a FSLIC-21 only a auxiliary out cable from Subaru?
NhojM

Postby NhojM » Tue May 21, 2013 7:07 pm

Thanks guys re the info panel relocation kit, cheers
NhojM

Postby pgardiye » Tue May 21, 2013 7:12 pm

hmm... I'm not too sure how much AUX cable would cost from Subaru. What I did was to buy a 3.5mm to RAC cable (http://www.bunnings.com.au/products_product_lead-audio-visual-antsig-12m-audio-to-2rca-ap262_P4360280.aspx?search=3.5mm&searchType=any&searchSubType=products&page=2and wired it to existing pin at the back. I found wiring diagram through another post here. I will find it and update link soon if you want to do it yourself and save some money :).
pgardiye

Postby wcefan » Tue May 21, 2013 7:12 pm

NhojM wrote:
My has a aux button on the stereo, so I don't need a FSLIC-21 only a auxiliary out cable from Subaru?

Correct, if you're confident enough you can just wire it yourself, or purchase the AUX kit from Subaru (I think they're about $100, but don't quote me on it). Perhaps check the For Sale section on here, maybe someone has one for sale.
wcefan

Postby NhojM » Tue May 21, 2013 7:32 pm

Awesome thanks guys, my luck now depends on Statts flashing the Nexus Rom for me :D :D
NhojM

PreviousNext

Return to Audio options