My In-Dash Nexus 7 Project

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re: My In-Dash Nexus 7 Project

Postby psy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:05 pm

BlackSTI wrote:Image

Forgive me if this has been answered previously, but what homescreen/launcher app is that?
2016 Subaru Forester XT Premium
psy
-stickered-

Car: 2016 Forester XT Premium

Postby Statts » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:12 pm

Try rebooting with the otg plugged in. Does it say Host Mode - Charging under USB Host Settings?
MY06 3.0R-B
Cusco bars & links, AVO mounts, JSpeed LCA bushes
Prova intake, HKS resonator trumpet, HKS panel filter
E85 KiDo tuned
Statts

Car: 05 3.0R-B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14975

Postby Slate » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:27 pm

Reboted but no luck with fixed installation setting

It has "fast charging usb Host" under FI setting but it wont let me check the box,

Is that what your referring too?
Slate
formerly m3l0dy

Car: MY07 Liberty Gt spec b

Postby Robbks » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:56 pm

psy wrote:Forgive me if this has been answered previously, but what homescreen/launcher app is that?

that's most likely all using the UCCW app and making custom widgets/ buttons, etc

I'm currently doing a similar layout with mine, but a little less busy as I only have the need for
Navigation, Maps, Music, Torque and the Media Control buttons.
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
Robbks

Car: MY06 3.0RB Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12350

Postby Robbks » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:13 am

Still playing around with the layout,
I've dropped the Car Home Ultra App in favour of simple UCCW hotspots and using Nova Launcher gives you muxch more flexibility onscreen with
Touching the Subaru Logo launches the App Drawer

BUT,
Is there a way to display GPS speed data through a UCCW widget easily?

coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
Robbks

Postby wcefan » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:23 am

Robbks wrote:Still playing around with the layout,
I've dropped the Car Home Ultra App in favour of simple UCCW hotspots and using Nova Launcher gives you muxch more flexibility onscreen with
Touching the Subaru Logo launches the App Drawer

BUT,
Is there a way to display GPS speed data through a UCCW widget easily?

Looks good.

You might be able to using a combo of Tasker and UCCW. I think there's a variable in tasker that can check location speed, and pretty sure there's an option in UCCW to add a Tasker variable to the widget. You'd have to play around with the two to see if it's actually possible, I don't have Tasker and haven't really played with UCCW that much.
Last edited by wcefan on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
wcefan

Car: MY06 Liberty GT tbSTI #25

Postby Robbks » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:24 am

ahh, sweet.
Will delve into that.
Robbks

Postby BlackSTI » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:44 pm

psy wrote:Forgive me if this has been answered previously, but what homescreen/launcher app is that?

Yup like Robbks said its UCCW to create the touch buttons / icons / information on the left.

I also use lightning launcher to hold all the widgets and the background is just an image I created to the resolution of the Nexus's screen.
Team Funeral.
Black 07 Tuned by Sti Sedan.
BlackSTI

Car: Subaru Liberty MY07 STI #7
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=23595

Postby d-chang » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:05 am

su34ru wrote:Image
Just thought i'd upload a pic for those interested in seeing what the setup looks like with the tablet stand.

Where did you get this stand from? I am looking at a similar mount for my tablet. Does it fit all sized tablets? I've got an 8" model..
Below car has been gone for quite some time now... blew bottom end bearing and dealership screwed me! Now driving 2008 WRX with ~65k kms on the clock. Only has cat back exhaust and tune by KiDo at the moment! More to come... but slowly!

Purchased recently (12/11/2013), already with: Stage 2 Pedders lowered springs, rear Whiteline sway bar, Advan Racing TCII 18x8 wheels, k&N pod filter, custom 3" exhaust system from turbo back with Magnaflow mufflers. ECUTEK tune of some sort (hopefully soon to be fixed)..... now FIXED!! Now KiDo Tuned!
Added: HID kit, EZ lip equivalents to the front and sides, and various LED treatments, oem boot spoiler, [LGT WRC] plates, GFB Respons BOV for extra Pssscchhh! --> Gone... I couldn't afford it's heart transplant... but keep a look out, as it will come back on sale soon!
d-chang
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15749

My In-Dash Nexus 7 Project

Postby su34ru » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:26 pm

d-chang wrote:
su34ru wrote:Image
Just thought i'd upload a pic for those interested in seeing what the setup looks like with the tablet stand.

Where did you get this stand from? I am looking at a similar mount for my tablet. Does it fit all sized tablets? I've got an 8" model..

It's called iOttie. I got it off amazon. I think I provided a link in my original post. It is meant for 7" size, but is a bit larger than the nexus 7. Might for yours - look on amazon.
su34ru

Car: MY10 Sports Premium Wagon

Postby su34ru » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:11 pm

seanmau5 wrote:The cigarette lighter wouldn't be your constant 12v, you could use it as the accessory (or trigger if you like).

On turnover most of the battery's power is drawn to the starter to crank the engine over and ignite, I'm led to understand that the DCDC will provide an uninterrupted supply.

As for the eBay version, I too wondered this. I am embarking on the tablet install and $100 for the power supply is definitely harsh! Guinea pig the cheaper version for us??

Ok, Seanmau5 - I guinea pigged something to report back. I got hold of a cig lighter USB charger with 2 USB ports @ 2.1 Amp each. Decent power to run the whole setup. I have it powering the Nexus with the DAC & a HDD running off a 4 port USB hub. I am using the 2nd port to power the hard drive through a USB power splitter cable. Now the Nexus 7 powers on when the key is in acc position. Fortunately, the crank of the engine is not killing power to the DAC, though the tab momentarily threatens to go to sleep (and recovers before it sleeps). So pretty much all seems well here.

What I am having a problem with is the hard drive. Each time, i seem to need to mount it and scan it to have the library appear in my audio player (poweramp and/or amazon cloud player). How do i get the library to always be there? I have tried stickmount and USB OTG helper. Do i need a paid version of one of those?
su34ru

Car: MY10 Sports Premium Wagon

Postby Statts » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:25 pm

Use the disk lock feature in USB-ROM settings.
MY06 3.0R-B
E85 KiDo tuned
Statts

Postby seanmau5 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:31 pm

Hey Chris can I send you a list of the widgets I wanted on the home screen?
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Postby Statts » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:47 pm

seanmau5 wrote:Hey Chris can I send you a list of the widgets I wanted on the home screen?

Sean, I don't have the Photoshop skills to make custom widget graphics. I can set up the home screen to have the buttons there for you to add the graphics to later if you wish. Widget buttons launching apps will still work, just no fancy graphics.

If anyone wants to lend some mad Photoshop skills to make some widgets, that'd be awesome.
MY06 3.0R-B
E85 KiDo tuned
Statts

Postby seanmau5 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:14 am

Sorry dude, that is what I meant.

I can definitely fiddle with the graphics it's just the hotspots/widgets set up on the home screen that I was after.
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

PreviousNext

Return to Audio options