Postby Nipple06 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:38 pm

GB:Subaru Android, iPod, iPhone, USB & Bluetooth Car Kit | GROM
http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=21136
Nipple06

Car: Subaru liberty 2.5i wagon 2004
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15410

Re: Grom troubleshooting thread

Postby klam » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:37 pm

guys I wonder if anyone is having troubles with the USB port.. it's kind of fiddly and doesn't hold the cable properly, even a slight move can cause stop charging. I've tried one cable and that didn't work at all, tried the other one, it kind of worked, but after I've put the trim together it dropped charging again.. it really sucks. I've noticed that none of the cable can go fully in the USB slot. is this standard? I still have it under warranty and I'll probably get it changed!
Attachments
WP_20140312_19_00_20_Pro_1.jpg
WP_20140312_19_00_20_Pro_1.jpg (235.69 KiB) Viewed 7363 times
klam

Car: Subaru Liberty 2006 4GEN MY06 2.0R

Postby Cushie Audio » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:22 am

klam wrote:guys I wonder if anyone is having troubles with the USB port.. it's kind of fiddly and doesn't hold the cable properly, even a slight move can cause stop charging. I've tried one cable and that didn't work at all, tried the other one, it kind of worked, but after I've put the trim together it dropped charging again.. it really sucks. I've noticed that none of the cable can go fully in the USB slot. is this standard? I still have it under warranty and I'll probably get it changed!

Sorry to hear of the issues.

In our experience not all USB cables are not created equal and we have seen the same kinds of problems as you have e.g. one USB cable will charge a phone fine whereas another will not... it must come down to the quality of the USB cable itself. Some of these cables are massed produced and probably not checked by any quality control system.

That said it shouldn't be so loose that you are getting intermittent connection issues. A simple quick fix is to secure it with some electrical tape (not too tight) to keep it in place. We generally do this as a best practice anyway to make sure nothing comes loose behind the dash. Electrical tape is the best for this job, $2 from bunnings.

If that still doesn't help by all means return it to us under warranty. If you're part of the group buy then you'll need to register an individual account on our website (add your address) so that we can issue you with a RMA (Return Merchandise Authority).

Let us know how you go, we're here to help.

Justin
Cushie Audio

Profile URL: http://www.cushieaudio.com.au

Postby klam » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:42 pm

thanks for the response. The cable I had before broke on the other end as kids were not handling it as they should. So I replaced with a NOKIA charging cable which should be really good, but the connection was intermittent. Slight move aside and it loses the connection. it's not like it's falling out, but from side to side it's very unstable, so I don't think the tape will be of any help here. Will give it a try, but that's bit dodgy at least ... will keep you posted. Again, thanks for the prompt response.
klam

Car: Subaru Liberty 2006 4GEN MY06 2.0R

Postby Nipple06 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:07 pm

Had mine recently replaced working all good now :)
GB:Subaru Android, iPod, iPhone, USB & Bluetooth Car Kit | GROM
http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=21136
Nipple06

Car: Subaru liberty 2.5i wagon 2004
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15410

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:56 pm

I just got my my07 GT-b SWC track changing control working with my GROM IPD3 and BTD! (5 years later :P)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20939&p=445530#p445530
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Previous

Return to Audio options