The USB/Aux-in/ipod compatibility superthread

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re: The USB/Aux-in/ipod compatibility superthread

Postby Swinno » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:35 pm

Purchased Advanced Ice/MCARCDC and installed. All went well until I could hear a high pitch noise when between songs and when the music is around 25.

Any ideas?

Only happens when iPod is connected.
Swinno

Car: 04 gt wagon / 07 Mazda mps

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:44 pm

I'd try swapping iPods and leads around to see if either is faulty... For starters...
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby Swinno » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Tried new iPod :(

Also it only comes with one iPod cable.

Used the USB connection and it works well, will try aux in when I get home.
Swinno

Car: 04 gt wagon / 07 Mazda mps

Postby ICE_BM » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Message for segR:
I tried to send a PM but system said you are not a user, not sure what that's about.
I have updated my experiences with advancedice unit inside my original posts, hopefully you can link to these from the top of page1 as for others?
My experience is not good, the HU controls do not work, no track text, only volume works and you have to change/select/skip from the ipod.
Note to others about what in my opinion is a _not-so-obvious_ warning about these issues on the advancedice website, you need to check the vehicle compatibility tab where (after getting excited by the features summary) you get told that it might not work as advertised on your Subaru and you may not return it for that reason.

So...my advancedice unit is for sale...I will post in the classifieds. Pickup available for anyone in Perth to save postage costs. Heck, I'll even help you test it out if you ask nicely, I have done my dash so many times now. My thoughts are that I should sell it to a Suzuki owner as that is what it's evidently tested on and designed for...

Next stop is the NZ anycarlink 1080D, they are out of stock at present.

cheers all.
ICE_BM

Car: Lib 3RB Wagon MY08; OB MY06 2.5 5sp

Postby SegR » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:15 pm

ICE_BM wrote:Message for segR:
I tried to send a PM but system said you are not a user, not sure what that's about.

Yeah I've been clean for years now.

ICE_BM wrote:stuff

Thanks for the update - will try to get round to updating the first post in the next couple of days. I suspect your unit may work fine on MY04-06 models... or maybe you received a dodgy unit.
Team Beards
Beards Don't Kill People, People With Beards Kill People.
SegR

Car: MY05 3.0R sedan, black
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14605

Postby chanham » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:15 pm

just ordered the anycar link with usb/aux :)

guess they are back in stock. where has everyone installed theirs? was thinking the arm rest compartment, but had the idea of putting it where the sunglasses/sat nav compartment is (above the cd player). what would be easier?
chanham
formerly ciand06

Car: Subaru Liberty 3.0R 2004
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18831

Postby fr250t » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:18 am

ciand06 wrote:just ordered the anycar link with usb/aux :)

guess they are back in stock. where has everyone installed theirs? was thinking the arm rest compartment, but had the idea of putting it where the sunglasses/sat nav compartment is (above the cd player). what would be easier?

Same here, ordered it yesterday! Bit of a rip off, but havnt found anythingggg else that's cheaper and compatable apart from the OEM part.

Planning to run it through the centre and up through the space were the oem plug would go. Tried it once with an ebay item (which wasn't compatible) best way to do it is tape one end of the cable to a firm stick and feed it through (like an electricians cable they use to run wires down walls) works a treat !
fr250t

Car: MY07 GT Spec.B 6 Speed

Postby AboutSound » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:31 am

Hi Guys,
Yes the McIntosh AnyCar's are back in stock as of yesterday. I have also received a limited number of the new 1080B USB/SD/Aux/Bluetooth units which are NZD$210.

Anyone waiting on the stock to arrive should have been contacted by Victoria by now, if not please send a reminder email to vic@aboutsound.co.nz

I'm yet to thoroughly test the Bluetooth functionality of the new 1080B so would appreciate any feedback from those who have received/tested one out.

Cheers
Kent
AboutSound

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:34 am

Hi Kent, how far off are the revamped AnyCar Link BT/iPod models? :D
bigBADbenny

Postby AboutSound » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:55 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:Hi Kent, how far off are the revamped AnyCar Link BT/iPod models? :D

Provided the 1080B passes the long term testing I will re-order some 1080C with my next order in about 6 weeks. I'm a bit reluctant to order too many 1080C when the 1080B will work through BT with all phones including iPhone plus also has USB and Aux for anything else. Whereas the 1080C is restricted to iPhone and will need the adapter if you have an iPhone 5. It's also very difficult (and expensive) to keep 4 AnyCar models for every model of car. It appears the McIntosh is proving to be a winner with the guys on here so I'll definitely keep stock of all 4 models for McIntosh.

Here's how the Bluetooth side of things works:
Initially pair your phone while the radio is on using the passcode: 2345, now you can switch to CDC mode and listen to audio via Bluetooth. The new models feature a much better sound processor for good quality BT sound. You can switch between USB/SD/Aux and BT by pressing the RPT button. When listening to BT Audio you can track up and down from the radio controls and the phone will pause if you switch back to radio.

HF calls-the unit comes with an external mic that should be mounted on the A pillar or by the rear vision mirror. If you are listening to USB/SD/Aux or BT audio (CDC) at the time of a call, the audio will mute, the phone will ring through the car speakers and track UP will answer or track DOWN will reject the call.If you are listening to radio or CD and the phone is connected to the AnyCar via BT, you will hear the phone ring through the phone. When you switch to CDC it will automatically answer and the call will be in handsfree mode.
AboutSound

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:45 pm

Far out! Thats awesome.. Fingers XXX'd...

Hopefully the mic is as good as the Aircast which works adequately from in front of the gearshift (in my car) or even the handbrake (bass straightener).

Thanks for your input here, it's most appreciated! :D
bigBADbenny

Postby ProjectSTi » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:28 pm

ICE_BM wrote:Message for segR:
I have updated my experiences with advancedice unit inside my original posts, hopefully you can link to these from the top of page1 as for others?
My experience is not good, the HU controls do not work, no track text, only volume works and you have to change/select/skip from the ipod.
Note to others about what in my opinion is a _not-so-obvious_ warning about these issues on the advancedice website, you need to check the vehicle compatibility tab where (after getting excited by the features summary) you get told that it might not work as advertised on your Subaru and you may not return it for that reason.

So...my advancedice unit is for sale...I will post in the classifieds. Pickup available for anyone in Perth to save postage costs. Heck, I'll even help you test it out if you ask nicely, I have done my dash so many times now. My thoughts are that I should sell it to a Suzuki owner as that is what it's evidently tested on and designed for...

Next stop is the NZ anycarlink 1080D, they are out of stock at present.

cheers all.

Hey ICE_BM,

That's a shame to hear. I'm using this on my Preface 3.0RB at the moment without any issues. Volume and track control both work fine from the steering wheel mounted controls. Shame it doesn't seem to work on yours !
ProjectSTi

Car: 06 Liberty 3.0R-B

Postby 3RBtogo » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:35 pm

ciand06 wrote:just ordered the anycar link with usb/aux :)

I have ordered the BT model will give some feedback after a bit of a trial. I had planned to mount in the cubby as you have noted. I have a Tetrax Fixway
http://www.tetrax.com.au/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27 which I had planned to mount on the cubby door. I can then mount either phone to the Fixway or Samsung Galaxy tab which I haven't purchased yet but am planning to after a trial using just the phone.

I don't know if you can pair two blueooth devices but I could connect the tab by aux and the phone by BT I suppose. I was thinking the cubby mount would be better for running the aux mic that comes with the BT model. It seems like it would be quite easy to drill a small hole in the back of the cubby unit. I took that out today to check.
3RBtogo

Car: Liberty 3.0RB

Postby 3RBtogo » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:06 pm

3RBtogo

Car: Liberty 3.0RB

Postby LorrenK » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:14 am

Hi to all,
New to the board, and I have my experience to share with the parrot MKi9200 and 3rd party harness with the mcintosh in my recently-bought 08 GT-BSpec.

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15424#p264280

I can confirm that it works perfectly. iPod connectivity works fully; it plays through all speakers via the aux input and sounds about as good as an mp3 can. Volume and mute work from the steering wheel controls, however the track control doesn't. iPod is controlled via the parrot controller (rotary button, skip/back, play/pause). Track information and album art appear on the parrot display, and has full playlist control. Music over Bluetooth also works well, but with track and playlist control from the phone/player itself which I think is usual for Bluetooth streaming. (?) The parrot will also play music from line-in, USB and sd card. I haven't tried these myself but should play through the Mc HU just the same.

The harness we used is amazing, worth every cent of the $100ish. It plugs in and just works. So much easier than Parrot's own harness which, to be fair, is the difference between a custom-made and a one size fits all harness.

All up, the parrot and harness cost me $360, and was moderately easy to install myself. If you already know how to pull apart your interior or are experienced with car installations however, you'll breeze through it in a few hours, not the best part of couple of days it took me : )

Loz
Subaru Liberty MY08 GT.B-Spec Wagon 6sp, aka "The Scub". Parrot MKi9200. Soundstream monobloc and Memphis 12" sub. Ultrex front lip. STi short-shifter. DefiLink Boost and Oil press. gauges. Fujitsubo Legalis Super R 3" Catback Exhaust. Custom painted Tb-STi rims. Wilwood Racing front rotors and callipers with braided lines. Apex'i CAI and G88 fabricated enclosure. KiDo tune (finally!!). Cusco swaybars. Cusco tower brace with master cylinder stopper. tbSTi leather/suede seats. Leo's Angel Eyes, HID highbeams and LED foglights. Hella Supertones. GFB TMS Response II BOV.
LorrenK

Car: MY08 Liberty GTB 6sp wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19651

PreviousNext

Return to Audio options