The USB/Aux-in/ipod compatibility superthread

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re: The USB/Aux-in/ipod compatibility superthread

Postby ICE_BM » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:01 am

hieiwing wrote:Confirm the advanced ice media player doesn't provide information to HU in MY05 liberty.

Do you mean that there is no track text information (eg artist/title) or no info at all?

Edit/Update 2012-09-20: Advanced ICE on MY07 McIntosh offers NO control via HU (except volume), and NO track text (just CD:01 TRACK:01)
Last edited by ICE_BM on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ICE_BM

Car: Lib 3RB Wagon MY08; OB MY06 2.5 5sp

Postby SVXdc » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:57 am

ICE_BM wrote:Photos of the Kenwood connector on H621SXA200:
617: Couldn't help myself, had to open it up.

Thanks for posting those great pictures, and for the peek inside!
1996 SVX L AWD <<>> Useful Subaru wiring info
SVXdc

Car: 1996 SVX L AWD

Postby SegR » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:48 am

Regarding track info display, check the first post of this thread. The only unit I'm aware of which allegedly does update the display is the actual Clarion unit. The anycarlink and advanced ice unit are unconfirmed at this stage.
Team Beards
Beards Don't Kill People, People With Beards Kill People.
SegR

Car: MY05 3.0R sedan, black
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14605

Postby jay.ritchie » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:17 am

SegR wrote:Regarding track info display, check the first post of this thread. The only unit I'm aware of which allegedly does update the display is the actual Clarion unit. The anycarlink and advanced ice unit are unconfirmed at this stage.

The Anycar Link will display the track info on the HU if you set it to ADVANCED- But this also locks the iPod app so you can’t change songs on it.
The BASIC mode which it ships out in leaves the iPod app unlocked- but doesn’t show track info.

Confirmed as i tried both settings when i installed it. BASIC is definitely the better option.
jay.ritchie

Car: MY12 VW Golf R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21040

Postby cvas » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:24 am

jay.ritchie wrote:
SegR wrote:Regarding track info display, check the first post of this thread. The only unit I'm aware of which allegedly does update the display is the actual Clarion unit. The anycarlink and advanced ice unit are unconfirmed at this stage.

The Anycar Link will display the track info on the HU if you set it to ADVANCED- But this also locks the iPod app so you can’t change songs on it.
The BASIC mode which it ships out in leaves the iPod app unlocked- but doesn’t show track info.

Confirmed as i tried both settings when i installed it. BASIC is definitely the better option.

Jay, how do you change the setting from basic to advanced and vice versa? I havent installed the unit yet, but in the manual it says something like "mode to be set before unit shipped, not able to be changed by end user" I havent got the book with me so I cant quote it word for word but believe that is the jist of what is says.
cvas

Car: MY07 GT-B

Postby SegR » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:13 pm

Thanks Jay, will update the first post with that info.
Team Beards
Beards Don't Kill People, People With Beards Kill People.
SegR

Car: MY05 3.0R sedan, black
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14605

Postby Fluf » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:16 pm

I con confirm that About Sound in NZ are very very helpful, and answer emails with lightning fast efficiency.
Fluf

Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0r Spec B

Postby LostyJai » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Fluf wrote:I con confirm that About Sound in NZ are very very helpful, and answer emails with lightning fast efficiency.

+1 Agreed
LostyJai

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Premium

Postby Fluf » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:58 pm

So I got the anycar link today (8 days delivery), and now the bloody thing won't work. How have the other people who have one of these got them going? What switches did you have tripped? How did you connect it? There seems only one way, but 2 other people have this working and I do not. Same cars n everyhthing. mother F Bomb
Fluf

Postby Fluf » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:05 pm

I FUCKEN GOT IT, YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so ends another chapter in my life.

If I die tonight, I shall die a happy man.

Amen
Fluf

Postby Fluf » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:23 pm

confirmed working on MY04 3.0rb. Head unit shows cd1, then playtime for as long as the unit is running. Controls work flawlessly from the steering wheel. Sound quality is 9/10 (although I've never run a cd with "no sound" on it, so I can't be sure that the interference I could hear when I had it on 40 and nothing playing is not the head unit/speakers themselves).

All in all bloody happy with the unit, exellent customer service, go and get one fellas!
Fluf

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:37 pm

Grouse! What was the minor issue with getting it going?
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby cvas » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:11 am

I put mine in on the weekend so can confirm it works in the MY07. I want to switch to advanced mode to try it out but I don't think you can. But yeh it works ok. I put the iPod in the glove box and just left it however you really do need it out to look through artist ect coz it takes a while to get through all the songs to get to the next artist with just the head unit controls There is at least a 1-2 second lag with mine when trying to change to the next song with steering and head unit controls. Sound quality is great though and this unit, while not flawless does the job fine for me.
cvas

Car: MY07 GT-B

Postby Fluf » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:21 am

Minor issus was the 4 "on/off settings" at the back. Had it set up for a subaru, but it's a clarior setting. I've woken up so happy! No lag for me it's a beauty!!
Fluf

Postby AboutSound » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi Guys,
Kent here from About Sound in NZ. I thought I'd get on here and touch base with you guys! I'm glad the AnyCar product is working well on the Liberty McIntosh system and that you have finally found a solution.

A couple of notes about the AnyCar product.
- The dip switches are pre-set for each model and you should never need to change them
- To switch from ipod to Aux press either RPT RDM or SCN (this depends on your system but I think RPT works on the McIntoch)
- If you are using Aux, make sure you use the Aux plug at the same end of the control box as the ipod plug. The other plug is not used on the 1080D model
- Advanced mode is not available on our units

AnyCar 1080A
These units will run a USB or SD flash drive up to 8GB in MP3 format.
- An iPod or MP3 player will not work through the USB plug but can be connect through the 3.5mm Aux plug
- Track titles will not show on the radio
- The best way to set up your flash drive is to create 6 folders. Changing tracks on the stereo will change tracks with-in the folder and changing discs will change folders. The display will show a generic Disc and track number so you may need to remember what order the folders are in. Because this unit fools the stereo into thinking it is running a CD changer you may have issues with more than 6 folders or more than 99 tracks per folder.

We have tested the Bluetooth version of these kits and found the Bluetooth performance to be sub-standard so at this stage do not stock them.

We also have units available for lots of other makes and models so let me know if you have another car that needs iPod connectivity.

Enjoy!!
AboutSound

PreviousNext

Return to Audio options