The USB/Aux-in/ipod compatibility superthread

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re: The USB/Aux-in/ipod compatibility superthread

Postby ysKn » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:02 pm

Just wondering if somebody who has an MY07 and have installed either the ANYCARLINK 1080B or 1080C can tell me if you can still receive phone calls via Bluetooth if you are listening to AM/FM radio.
I'm assuming that you can't? Since the McIntosh head unit isn't in CD stacker mode?
ysKn

Car: MY07 Liberty

Postby shav » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:33 pm

ysKn wrote:Just wondering if somebody who has an MY07 and have installed either the ANYCARLINK 1080B or 1080C can tell me if you can still receive phone calls via Bluetooth if you are listening to AM/FM radio.
I'm assuming that you can't? Since the McIntosh head unit isn't in CD stacker mode?

correct. but you can still answer the calls in radio mode by pressing the CD button, wait for 2 seconds then answer.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby ysKn » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:42 pm

shav wrote:
ysKn wrote:Just wondering if somebody who has an MY07 and have installed either the ANYCARLINK 1080B or 1080C can tell me if you can still receive phone calls via Bluetooth if you are listening to AM/FM radio.

correct. but you can still answer the calls in radio mode by pressing the CD button, wait for 2 seconds then answer.

Thanks for clarifying.
So even if you're not in CD stacker mode, can your smart phone still be paired up with the ANYCARLINK?
Or do you have to press the CD button - Wait for it to power up and auto pair with your phone - then answer?
ysKn

Car: MY07 Liberty

Postby Maxi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:05 am

Hi guys, I'm about to install the ANYCAR 1080B(sd card and usb+bluetooth) in my 07 GTB in the next couple of days. Just looking for tips where people put the unit in the car. I have satnav so the space in the glove box has the CD-ROM reader for the satnav. Also comes with the mic for handsfree calls. How hard is it to remove the "A" pillar to run the mic cable and attach at the top. Any other tips for the install?
Maxi

Car: MY07 liberty GTB wagon 6speed

Postby shav » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:49 pm

ysKn wrote:
shav wrote:

Thanks for clarifying.
So even if you're not in CD stacker mode, can your smart phone still be paired up with the ANYCARLINK?
Or do you have to press the CD button - Wait for it to power up and auto pair with your phone - then answer?

Your phone will always be paired to the ANycarlink via bluetooth regardless of if you are in radio, CD/MP3 or streaming etc from your phone. The reason for the delay from what I can tell is that the anycarlink needs a few seconds to realized its changed modes and then you can begin your conversation. Its not a 'power up' situation but more a 'please wait while I change modes' scenario. Only a few seconds, but it does work.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby lastmile » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:28 am

I just added Bluetooth connectivity to my stock audio system in my MY08 Liberty Sedan.

Got a "3.5mm Audio Output USB Bluetooth Stereo Music Receiver Adapter for Speaker (U35-K)" off eBay for $11 shipped. I'd already installed a USB charger in the accessory power socket in the centre console, so I just plugged the USB receiver in and looped the 3.5mm into to AUX in.

When I turn the car on, the receiver automatically turns on and gives a confirmation chime through the stereo. After the initial pairing my iPhone connects automatically.

Sound quality seems just as good as the direct 3.5mm AUX connection. No microphone, so no hands free. But for $11 it was a no brainer.

http://www.spider-foot.com/35mm-audio-output-usb-bluetooth-stereo-music-receiver-adapter-for-speaker-u35k-p-1682.html
Attachments
usb.jpg
usb.jpg (43.29 KiB) Viewed 5327 times
lastmile

Car: MY08 Liberty Sedan 2.5i Luxury

Postby Monkey » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:11 pm

lastmile wrote:I just added Bluetooth connectivity to my stock audio system in my MY08 Liberty Sedan.

Got a "3.5mm Audio Output USB Bluetooth Stereo Music Receiver Adapter for Speaker (U35-K)" off eBay for $11 shipped. I'd already installed a USB charger in the accessory power socket in the centre console, so I just plugged the USB receiver in and looped the 3.5mm into to AUX in.

When I turn the car on, the receiver automatically turns on and gives a confirmation chime through the stereo. After the initial pairing my iPhone connects automatically.

Sound quality seems just as good as the direct 3.5mm AUX connection. No microphone, so no hands free. But for $11 it was a no brainer.

http://www.spider-foot.com/35mm-audio-output-usb-bluetooth-stereo-music-receiver-adapter-for-speaker-u35k-p-1682.html

I was looking at getting one of these. I've currently got a Kogan BT unit (http://www.kogan.com/au/buy/home-stereo ... oth-audio/) which works well, but when connected to power it charges the internal battery and turns off BT. Given I use BT infrequently but don't want to set up each time, one which is always powered with ignition seems the go.

This seems like the perfect BT solution, but I'd be interested to know how it goes in terms of reliability given the very cheap price.
Monkey

Car: MY07 black 6MT Liberty tbSTI sedan

Postby SegR » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:13 pm

Removed Wavetech from the list of sellers for anycarlink and grom units in the first post as Matt from Wavetech advised they no longer distribute them.

Again if anyone has tried any units, with success or failure, be they new ones we don't know about or old ones we do, it's really helpful if you could post your feedback in the format I mention in my second post of this thread. I don't have time to read every post, but if the info is succinct and in that format, it's easy for me to include in the first post which can help people make decisions on which path they should choose.
Team Beards
Beards Don't Kill People, People With Beards Kill People.
SegR

Car: MY05 3.0R sedan, black
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14605

Postby scottb721 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:09 am

Speaking of GROM.
I'm looking at this item so I can add USB music to my Mc, http://www.gromaudio.com/store/android_ ... rface.html
It is offered in 2 f/w versions - CDC/notext and SAT/text.

Anyone know the difference ?
CDC = CD Changer perhaps. What about the text/notext bit.

USB song info on the Mc's screen would be desirable.

Thank you
08 3.0 spec B
scottb721

Car: 2008 3.0R spec B auto sedan

Postby db1 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:56 pm

I think Sat/text is only compatible with usdm cars with sirus satellite radio. Unfortunately song info isn't compatible with our libs.
db1

Car: MY08 GTB

Postby scottb721 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:09 pm

Thanks
db1 wrote: Unfortunately song info isn't compatible with our libs.

I thought it was just Bluetooth streamed audio that doesn't show up on the Mc screen as per the OP - "Provides information to HU display: with ipod connection yes, with bluetooth no"
Although I am presuming that USB info would be available the way ipod is.
08 3.0 spec B
scottb721

Car: 2008 3.0R spec B auto sedan

Postby GTbee » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:19 pm

I have a MY2005 McIntosh (PF-25511) I'm looking at the ANYCAR 1080C.

What track info is displayed on the head unit in Advanced mode?
What options are available in selections tracks via the head unit or steering wheel control? It is just previous track, next track and pause?
GTbee

Car: 2005 3.0R-B 6 speed Blue Sedan

Postby cvas » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:38 pm

My mrs kept asking me to put an AUX plug in her car. It is a honda jazz 05. Like the 07 liberty it has the AUX button on the head unit however no AUX plug unless you pay $130 at the dealer to buy it genuine and install it, like I did with my liberty.
Instead, being a tightass, I ordered a 4 pole mountable jack similar to this one
and got a few dupont connectors from ebay similar to these
I just used 4 pairs of a CAT5 cable to solder to each pin of the jack on one end and to 4 dupont connectors on the other end. Each pin was for AUX Ground, AUX Detection, AUX Left, AUX Right.

Took off the head unit and plugged the dupont connectors into the back of the deck where the AUX plug harness from Honda would usually go (if it come standard with one) then drilled a hole in a panel in an inconspicuous area and mounted the jack into that. Here is a photo of the end result
It currently has a Belkin Aircast Auto plugged into it as shown in the photo. the 12v ciggarette plug was right next to where I drilled the hole for the jack. The AUX button comes alive and plays music perfectly through the stock head unit when you plug a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male plug in to the jack from your music player. Anyway the reason I am blabbing on about a Honda Jazz is that maybe this could work with the liberty head units? It only cost me about $8 to make the cable and Subaru want about $130 for their AUX Cable. Has anyone tried this? Do you think there are any reasons why it may not work? I already have the genuine AUX cable however I am tempted to buy another 4 pole jack and make up another cable to see if it works. I doubt it will because someone else would have figured it out, but if it does work, it may be a cheap way to have AUX input in your car if you don't already have one...
cvas

Car: MY07 GT-B

Postby db1 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:46 pm

This was posted a few pages back, so it should work
db1

Car: MY08 GTB

Postby cvas » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:33 pm

db1 wrote:This was posted a few pages back, so it should work

Thanks mate, thats excellent. I should have checked back to see if there was anything like that posted before I went off and posted a huge spiel...

It seems like it will work then. Do you know if anyone has actually tried it yet?
cvas

Car: MY07 GT-B

PreviousNext

Return to Audio options